NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Warren Miller No Turning Back Ticket Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) starts at 12 a.m. (EST) Wednesday, November 5, 2014 and ends at 9 a.m. (EST), Wednesday, November 26, 2014. The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Tribune Publishing Hartford, LLC ("Sponsor"). The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions herein and the decisions of the Sponsor. The computer clock of Tribune Publishing Hartford’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their respective immediate family members) of the Sponsor, FOX CT WTIC-TV, WCCT-TV, Tribune Broadcasting Hartford, LLC, Fox Connecticut Media Company, Tribune Television Company, and of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies, are not eligible to win. Members of the Sponsor’s immediate family are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and outside Connecticut.
2. TO ENTER: Log onto http://www.courant.com/ctn-warren-miller-no-turning-back-ticket-giveaway-20141104-htmlstory.html and complete all required fields in the Sweepstakes entry form including but not limited to name, address, age, phone number, and e-mail. Entrants must also indicate which Warren Miller’s No Turning Back show he or she would like to attend (November 22 at 6 p.m. at the Stamford Center for Arts, November 22 at 9 p.m. at the Stamford Center for Arts, December 5 at 6:30 p.m. at The Bushnell in Hartford, or December 5 at 9:30 p.m. at The Bushnell in Hartford). Only one (1) entry per person or e-mail address will be accepted.
3. DEADLINE: Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. E-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. All entries for the show at the Stamford Center for Arts in Stamford must be received by Friday, November 14, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. (EST). All entries for the show at The Bushnell in Hartford must be received by Wednesday, November 26, 2014 at 9 a.m. (EST).
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: All qualified online entries submitted during the Sweepstakes entry period will be combined into 4 entry pools. Entry pools will be based on the choice of event date and location as selected on entry form.
Four (4) Winners from the Stamford entry pool will be selected at random from all eligible entries on or about November 17, 2014.
Four (4) Winners from the Hartford entry pool will be selected at random from all eligible entries on or about December 1, 2014.
There will be a total of eight (8) Grand Prize Winners. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within two (2) days of the drawing. If a selected Winner is ineligible, if Tribune Publishing Hartford is unable to make contact after reasonable effort and time (two days of initial call), or if a Winner fails to pick up the prize and sign the necessary forms by the night of the show, the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
5. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: 8 Grand Prizes:
• Two (2) Winners will receive four (4) tickets to see Warren Miller's No Turning Back on Saturday, November 22, 2014 at 6 p.m. at the Stamford Center for Arts, 61 Atlantic Street, Stamford, CT 06901. For more information about the event, go to www.skinet.com/warrenmiller/events/stamford-center-for-the-arts-palace-theatre. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is $46.
• Two (2) Winners will receive four (4) tickets to see Warren Miller's No Turning Back on Saturday, November 22, 2014 at 9 p.m. at the Stamford Center for Arts, 61 Atlantic Street, Stamford, CT 06901. For more information about the event, go to www.skinet.com/warrenmiller/events/stamford-center-for-the-arts-palace-theatre. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is $46.
• Two (2) Winners will receive four (4) tickets to see Warren Miller's No Turning Back on Friday, December 5, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. at The Bushnell, 166 Capitol Ave, Hartford, CT 06126. For more information about the event, go to www.skinet.com/warrenmiller/events/the-bushnell-mortensen-hall.Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is $50.
• Two (2) Winners will receive four (4) tickets to see Warren Miller's No Turning Back on Friday, December 5, 2014 at 9:30 p.m. at The Bushnell, 166 Capitol Ave, Hartford, CT 06126. For more information about the event, go to www.skinet.com/warrenmiller/events/the-bushnell-mortensen-hall. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is $50.
Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all the prizes is $384. Federal, state and local taxes, and any additional expenses if any, including travel to and from the show, parking, meals, or any other charges or fees not set forth herein are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. To claim the prize, Winners must come to the Hartford Courant building: 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, by the Friday before the show (Friday, November 21, 2014 and Friday, December 5, 2014). Winners will receive vouchers and need to be at the show at least 30 minutes priort o show time to exchange the voucher for a ticket at the box office. If the Winner fails to show proof of age and fill out and sign the necessary forms (Hartford Courant Affidavit of Eligibility and Hartford Courant Release Form) by that date, that winner shall be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited. The Prize package (or any part thereof) is not replaceable if lost or stolen, non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. If winner does not use all elements of prize, there will be no reimbursement. If any of the shows are cancelled, no substitute prizes are available except at Sponsor and Prize Provider’s sole discretion.
All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by the Sponsor are final and binding.
6. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. Winners by acceptance of a prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, Sponsor and advertisers, from any and all liability, losses of any kind, damage, causes of action, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy. Sponsor is not responsible for personal injury of any prizewinner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver’s license or valid identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsors' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
Sponsor is not responsible for changes made to the Prizes being awarded; including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the Prize events, and is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.
By participating in these Sweepstakes, you also agree to have your name, biographical information, and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes relating to these sweepstakes or future similar sweepstakes without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law.
Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
SUCH PRIZE(S) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail, etc., may be used by the Hartford Courant, Tribune Publishing Hartford, LLC and Tribune Publishing for marketing or promotional purposes.
8. FOR WINNER NAMES: Write to, “Warren Miller Ticket Winners”; Hartford Courant, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Marketing). All requests for rules and Winners' lists must be received by Friday, December 26, 2014.
9. SPONSOR: Tribune Publishing Hartford LLC, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115.
10. PRIZE PROVIDER: Warren Miller Entertainment, 5720 Flatiron Parkway, Boulder, CO 80301.
Copyright © 2018, CT Now