NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Universal Orlando Getaway Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") starts at 12:01AM (EST) Monday, October 1, 2012 and ends 9:00AM (EST), Monday, October 22, 2012. The sponsors of this Sweepstakes are WCCT, Inc., CT1 Media,, and Tribune Broadcasting Company ("Sponsors"). The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions herein and the decisions of the Sponsors. The computer clock of CT1 Media’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
1. TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut within the WCCT-TV viewing area, age 18 or older as of, October 1, 2012. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. Winner will be required to provide proof of age, identity, and residency in order to claim prize. To enter, log onto www.ct.com/trip and complete all required fields in the Sweepstakes entry form including but not limited to name, address, age, phone number, and e-mail. Only one (1) entry per person or e-mail address, per day, will be accepted, for a potential total of 22 entries per person for the entire Sweepstakes Entry Period.
2. DEADLINE: Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. E-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. All entries must be received Monday, October 22, 2012 at 9:00AM (EST).
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: All entries will be combined into one pool and one (1) entrant will be selected at random by Sponsors from all eligible entries, on or about Tuesday, October 23, 2012, and will tentatively be declared the Grand Prize Winner. The odds of qualifying depend on the number of entries received. Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within one (1) day of the drawing. If a selected Winner is ineligible, or if CT1 Media is unable to make contact after reasonable effort and time (two (2) days of initial call)), the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
Winner may be required to sign any necessary forms including but not limited to Sweepstakes release form and W9 form within two (2) days of being contacted or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
Winner will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting the actual value of any prize that is $600 or more.
4. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: There will be one (1) Prize ("Prize") awarded to the Grand Prize Winner, (“Winner”) who will receive a four (4) day, three (3) night trip for Winner and up to three (3) guests (¿Guest(s)¿) to Universal Orlando® Resort in Orlando, Florida. Trip will include round trip coach class air transportation for Winner and up to three (3) Guests from a major commercial airport near Winner's home (as determined by Prize Provider (as defined herein) in its sole discretion) to Orlando, FL (Orlando International Airport); three (3) nights standard hotel accommodation (one room, quadruple occupancy room and tax only) at the Hard Rock Hotel or at another on-site hotel hotel (Portofino Bay Hotel or Royal Pacific as determined by the Prize Provider in their sole discretion); non-exclusive ground transportation to and from designated airport and hotel in Orlando, FL; 3 Park Unlimited Pass Tickets that will allow access to Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure and Wet ‘n Wild for Winner and up to three (3) Guests; and attendance at one (1) Blue Man Group performance (exact date and time to be determined by UO in their sole discretion but in not no event during the stay) for Winner and up to three (3) guests. All hotels are on-site and more information about them can be found at www.universalorlando.com. The Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Trip is three thousand six hundred and fifty-four dollars and sixteen cents ($3,654.16). If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with fewer than thee (3) guests or no Guest, the Prize will be awarded to Winner and each participating Guest and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. If Winner is between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-one (21), he/she must be accompanied by an adult of at least twenty-one (21) years of age in order to check into the on-site hotel. Specific travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Trip must be booked and completed within one (1) year of notification or Prize will be forfeited. Reservations are subject to availability. Trip must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to intended departure date. Travel dates are subject to Prize Provider and Sponsors approval. ARV of Prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated ARV and final ARV of Prize will not be awarded. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, and security charges. Once issued, tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Prize Provider. All Prize elements must be redeemed at the same time.
To claim the prize, Winner must come to the Sponsors¿ offices: 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115, 9AM to 4PM, Monday through Friday, within two (2) weeks of being contacted, but no later than November 7, 2012 to show proof of age and fill out and sign the necessary forms (CT1 Media Affidavit of Eligibility, a Release Form, publicity waiver, and IRS Form W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification)). Failure to visit the station by that date and fill out the necessary paperwork and establish eligibility shall result in disqualification and the prize shall be forfeited. The Prize package (or any part thereof) is not replaceable if lost or stolen, non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsors sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsors are final and binding. All federal, state, and local taxes, meals, tips, room service, travel in and around Florida, and any other costs associated with the prize, as well as all other costs or expenses involved in obtaining and/or maintaining the prize that are not otherwise stated herein, including without limitation any incidental expenses, are the responsibility of the Winner. Prizes are not assignable, transferable or redeemable for cash.
All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsors are final and binding.
5. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsors have the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsors and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. Winners by acceptance of a prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Prize Provider, Sponsors, its parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, Sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, losses of any kind, damage, causes of action, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy. Sponsors are not responsible for injury of any kind of Winner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver¿s license or valid identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsors' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
Sponsors are not responsible for changes made to the Prizes being awarded; including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the Prize events, and is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.By participating in these Sweepstakes, you also agree to have your name, biographical information, and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes relating to these sweepstakes or future similar sweepstakes without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law.
Neither the failure of Sponsors to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsors in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor¿s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
SUCH PRIZE(S) ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Employees of media outlets in the WCCT-TV/WTIC-TV viewing areas, or of the Prize Provider, Sponsors, The Hartford Courant, , their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, and their respective immediate family members are not eligible to win. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Winners who have won a prize from a promotion sponsored by Sponsors within the last six (6) months are ineligible and will be disqualified.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail, etc., may be used by WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, CT1 Media and Tribune Television Company for marketing or promotional purposes.
8. FOR A COPY OF THE RULES: Write to, "Universal Giveaway Rules"; WCCT-TV, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Marketing) or go to www.ct.com/trip-rules. For a Winner Name; write to "Universal Giveaway Winner"; WCCT-TV, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Marketing). All requests for rules and Winners' lists must be received by Friday, November 9, 2012.
9. SPONSORS: WCCT-TV and Tribune Broadcasting Company, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115.
10. PRIZE PROVIDER: Universal Orlando, 1000 Universal Studios Plaza, Orlando, FL 32819.
Copyright © 2018, CT Now