1. TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes begins October 4, 2010 at 12:01AM EST and ends October 10, 2010 at 11:59PM EST. To enter, watch the FOX CT Morning News between 7AM (EST) - 8AM (EST) from Monday, October 4, 2010 until Friday, October 8, 2010. Look for the word of the day then go to www.ctnow.com, find the Universal Orlando Resort logo and click on it (This will take you to the registration page). Complete all required fields in the Sweepstakes entry form including name, address, telephone number and valid e-mail address. Entrants must also indicate the date you saw the clue air and must correctly answer the question, "What was the ride of the day?" Only one entry per, person or email address, per show, per day will be accepted. Duplicate or multiple entries from the same person or entries with incorrect answers to the above question will be disqualified.
2. DEADLINE: Entries must be received by Sunday, October 10, 2010 at 11:59PM EST. Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. E-mail entries containing attached files or generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified are not eligible and will be rejected. FOXCT is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One (1) Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries on or about Monday, October 11, 2010. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within two (2) days of the drawing. If a selected Winner is ineligible, if FOXCT is unable to make contact with a selected Winner after reasonable effort and time (48 hours from time of initial call to Winner), the prize shall be forfeited, and an alternate Winner may be chosen via a subsequent random drawing from all remaining eligible entries.
4. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: One (1) Winner will receive a four (4) day, three (3) night trip for Winner and up to three (3) guests ("Guest(s)") to Universal Orlando® Resort in Orlando, Florida. Trip will include round trip coach class air transportation for Winner and up to three (3) Guests from a major commercial airport near Winner's home (the location of which shall be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion) to Orlando, FL; three (3) nights standard hotel accommodation (one room, double occupancy room and tax only) at an on-site hotel (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion); ground transportation to and from airport in Orlando, FL and hotel in Orlando, FL; and 3-Day/2-Park Tickets for both Universal Orlando Theme Parks for Winner and up to three (3) Guests. The Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Trip is three thousand one hundred and twenty-nine dollars and sixty cents ($3129.60). If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with fewer than thee (3) guests, the Prize will be modified as such and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and Winner shall not be subject to any further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. If Winner is between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-one (21), he/she must be accompanied by an adult of at least twenty-one (21) years of age in order to check into the on-site hotel. Specific travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Trip must be completed no later than May 14, 2011 or Prize will be forfeited and no substitute prize or compensation shall be awarded. Reservations are subject to availability of airline, airport, blackout dates and other travel restrictions. Trip must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to intended departure date. Travel dates are subject to Prize Provider and Sponsor approval. ARV of Prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated ARV and final ARV of Prize will not be awarded. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, applicable air travel expenses and taxes, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. Once issued, tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Prize Provider. NOTE: The prize is not replaceable if lost, stolen, or destroyed, it is not transferable or redeemable for cash, and it may not be substituted for another prize, except at sole discretion of Sponsors. All unclaimed and/or unused prize packages, will remain the property of Universal Orlando and may not be used by Winner or as sales or trade incentive for employees of FOXCT and may not be sold, exchanged or otherwise transferred by winner, nor used by FOXCT its agencies or clients. Winner and guests must travel at the same time and must depart from the same city.
All the tickets are valid during normal operating hours only. Operating hours and availability of attractions and shows are subject to change without notice. Some special events may be separately ticketed. Universal reserves the right to change the name of all tickets. All tickets specifically exclude admission to special or separately ticketed "hard ticket" entertainment events at either of the theme parks, hotels, or within any of the Universal City Walk venues including but not limited to Hard Rock Live® and the Blue Man Group show.
To claim the prize, Winners must come to the Hartford Courant building: 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115, 9AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday, by October 29, 2010 to sign any necessary paperwork. Winner may also sign any necessary paperwork and fax it back 860-241-3939. Once paperwork has been filled out, WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV will work with Global Promotions and Universal Resort to book the trip. If the theme park is closed, or if the flight is delayed/cancelled, no substitute prizes are available except at Sponsors' sole discretion. Sponsors' have the right to change the start and end dates of the sweepstakes to the extent necessary to adjust to events of Force Majeure as well as to changes to production and broadcast schedules, without financial or legal liability of nature whatsoever. The Contest Sponsor's shall have the right to substitute the prize at their sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by the Sponsors' are final and binding.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, a US citizen or legal resident and currently residing in Connecticut at the time of entry, in order to win. Employees of other media companies, Universal Orlando Resort, Global Promotions, The Hartford Courant, WCCT-TV/WTIC-TV, Tribune Television Company, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and, advertising agencies and their immediate families are not eligible to win. These Sweepstakes are void where prohibited or restricted by law.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to Universal Orlando Resort, Global Promotions, The Hartford Courant, WCCT-TV/WTIC-TV, Tribune Television Company, and their agents and licensees, to use the entrant's name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material, including name, state, and town for broadcast and promotional purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes. By entering, each entrant agrees that if selected as a Winner, he/she shall be required to sign a release and waiver of liability and appropriate tax-related documents. Failure to execute shall result in disqualification. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, and all these companies' parent corporations, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents, and employees of all such companies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this sweepstakes, and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize and any travel related thereto, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy.If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the contest, Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the contest or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES.
7. FOR A COPY OF THE RULES: Write to, "Universal Orlando Sweepstakes Rules"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attention: Greg Bowen) or by logging onto www.ctnow.com/universal. For a list of Winners write to, "Universal Orlando Sweepstakes Winners"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attention: Greg Bowen). All requests for rules and Winners' lists must be received by Friday, October 15, 2010.
8. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by: CT1 Media, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115; Hartford Courant, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 and Global Promotions (Universal Orlando Resort), 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112.
Copyright © 2018, CT Now