NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Show Us Your Irish Pride Photo Contest (the "Contest") starts on Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 12:01AM EST and ends on Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 5:00PM EST. The sponsor of this Contest is CT1 Media ("Sponsor"). The Contest shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions herein and the decisions of the Sponsor. The computer clock of Sponsors' webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Contest.
1. TO ENTER: No Purchase Necessary. Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident residing in Connecticut within the FOXCT WTIC-TV viewing area during the Contest Period, age 18 or older at the time of entry.
To enter, go to www.ctnow.com/irishpride from Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 12:01AM EST until Sunday, March 11, 2012 at 11:59PM EST(the "Entry Period") to enter the Contest. Upload a photo of yourself from the parade, from your own St. Patrick's Day party or just in your favorite green outfit. Please provide your name and contact information in the description field. Photo must be in either .jpeg or .gif format, and its file size cannot exceed 200 kilobytes. Entrants will have to sign-in to ctnow.com in order to enter (new registrants can sign-up by providing your screen name, password, gender, zip code, birthday, and any other required fields). No fee is required for registration. All entries must be submitted online, and must be received within the Entry Period. All entrants must own and currently reside at the address or location of the photo submitted in his/her entry. Entrants who fail to upload a picture, or who fail to fully complete the entry form, or who submit incomplete information will be disqualified. Photos that are altered or electronically enhanced in order to substantially misrepresent the entrant, the nominee or the subject matter will not be considered and will be disqualified. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify those entries which Sponsors believe would subject them to a claim or litigation. Photo should contain no recognizable individuals/people beyond the entrant; failure to do so may result in disqualification. By entering this Contest and submitting required entry materials, entrants agree that the Sponsor may collect, use and publish all information and materials in the entry submission, including, without limitation, the photo, the essay and the entrant data (such as name, address, e-mail, phone number, etc.). ONLY ONE ENTRY PER HOUSEHOLD/ENTRANT DURING THE ENTRY PERIOD WILL BE ACCEPTED.
2. DEADLINE: Entries must be received by Sunday, March 11, 2012 at 11:59PM EST. Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. Except as otherwise required under these rules, entries containing attached files other than the required entry materials described in Section 1 above are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries; or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties, upload failure, or inability to transmit Internet entries.
3. SELECTION OF FINALISTS: On Monday, March 12, 2012, all eligible entries will be judged by a panel of judges comprised of Contest Sponsor representatives based on marketing and/or entertainment value and Irish pride. The ten (10) entrants with the highest scores will be tentatively declared the "Finalists", subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules. Sponsors' may alter the judging process in any way at their sole discretion, and entrants agree to abide by decisions of the judges and Sponsors, which are final in all respects.
4. FINALIST NOTIFICATION: Sponsor will notify the ten finalists by telephone and/or e-mail on March 12, 2012. If a selected winner is not eligible, declines, or cannot be contacted within a reasonable period of time following initial notification, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the entrant with the next highest score.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER: Once the ten finalists have been determined and announced, Sponsor will post the Finalist photos on www.ctnow.com/irishpride from Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 12:01AM EST until Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 5:00PM EST (the "Voting Period"). During this time, Contest Sponsor will invite viewers and website users to visit the Contest Website and vote for their favorite Finalist (which one you think has the most Irish Pride). Only 10 votes per valid e-mail address, per day will be accepted. All voters must be located in the United States at the time they cast their vote. Proxy voting is not allowed. This includes but is not limited to creating multiple or dummy emails. No one may purchase votes. The use of automated or third party software or web site to vote is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any votes cast it believes in its reasonable discretion are in violation of the above restrictions.
The Finalist who receives the most votes during the Voting Period will be deemed the potential Winner, subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules. Votes that Sponsor in its discretion believes contain copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, technical or electronic reproductions, or containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Winner's name will be announced during the FOX CT Morning News on Friday, March 16, 2012. He or she will not be required to watch in order to claim prize. Winner will also be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within one (1) day of the drawing. ALL VOTES MUST BE VALID AND SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEND OUT A TEST E-MAIL TO VERIFY VOTES. IF SPONSORS RECEIVE A BOUNCEBACK MESSAGE THAT SAYS E-MAIL ADDRESS NOT FOUND, THAT VOTE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
6. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Winner will receive one (1) HP Netbook Computer (160 GB hd & 10.6" LCD screen). Approximate retail value is $329. Federal, state and local taxes, and any additional expenses if any, including travel, parking, any taxes, tips, or other incidental expenses incurred at the above-referenced event are the sole responsibility of the winner. To claim the prize, Winners must come to the Hartford Courant: 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115, 9AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday, by Friday, March 30, 2012. If the Winner fails to pick up the prize by Friday, March 9, 2012, that winner shall be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsor' sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsor are final and binding. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guaranty, either express or implied, provided by Sponsor. All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the prize, as well as all other costs or expenses involved in obtaining and/or maintaining the prize are the responsibility of the Winner.
All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsor are final and binding.
7. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is not open to employees of other media outlets within the WTIC-TV and WCCT-TV viewing areas, to employees of Sponsor or their immediate family members, or to employees (or their immediate family members), of any of Sponsor's contractors, prize providers, parent companies, affiliates, licensees, advertising or promotional agencies or any other company affiliated with this Contest. Immediate family members of contractors or prize providers are not eligible to win. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Winners who have won a prize from a promotion sponsored by CT1 Media within the last six (6) months are ineligible and will be disqualified.
8. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Entrants agree Sponsors have the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsors and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. Winners by acceptance of a prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors, its parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, Sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, losses of any kind, damage, causes of action, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy. Sponsors are not responsible for personal injury of any prizewinner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver's license or valid identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsors' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
Sponsors are not responsible for changes made to the Prizes being awarded; including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the Prize events, and is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.
By participating in these Sweepstakes, you also agree to have your name, biographical information, and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes relating to these sweepstakes or future similar sweepstakes without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law.
Neither the failure of Sponsors to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsors in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
SUCH PRIZE(S) ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
9. RESPONSIBILITY RELEASE: By entering, you agree to release, waive, and hold harmless Sponsor and their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, prize providers, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, and liability arising from injuries, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney's fees) incurred as a result of the contestants' participation in this Contest and/or their acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize. Entrants also agree to participate in all activities to publicize the Contest. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by entering, agree that all decisions regarding eligibility, the administration of this Giveaway, and the award of the Prize made by the Sponsors shall be final and binding.
10. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail, etc., may be used by WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, CT1 Media and Tribune Television Company for marketing or promotional purposes.
11. FOR A WINNER NAME: Write to, "Irish Pride Contest Winner"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Marketing). All requests for rules and Winners' lists must be received by Friday, March 23, 2012.
12. SPONSORS: CT1 Media, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 and Kaplan Computers, 61 Tolland Turnpike, Manchester, CT 06040.
Copyright © 2018, CT Now