2. DEADLINE: Entries must be received by Friday, June 11, 2010 at 11:59PM EST. Entrants must use their own name, and must have a valid e-mail account in order to be eligible. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. E-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries. Registration entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and shall not be returned or acknowledged. Limit one entry per registration/e-mail address. Multiple registrations will be disqualified.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER: All qualified entrants will be combined into a single entry pool. One (1) entrant will be selected at random from all eligible entries, on or about Monday, June 14, 2010 and will be declared the Winner (subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules). Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within two (2) days of the drawing. If a selected Winner is ineligible, if WTIC-TV/WTXX-TV is unable to make contact after reasonable effort and time (two days of initial call), or if a Qualifier or Grand Prize Winner fails to pick up the prize and sign the necessary forms within reasonable period of time, the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
4. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Winner will receive one (1) 16GB Apple iPad (Case, keyboard dock, camera connection, etc. and any other accessories not included). Approximate retail value is $499. Federal, state and local taxes, and any additional expenses if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. To claim the prize, Winners must come to the Hartford Courant building: 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115, 9AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday, by June 23, 2010. If the Winner fails to pick up the prize by that date, that winner shall be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsors' sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by WTIC-TV/WTXX-TV, and the Hartford Courant, are final and binding.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident currently residing in either Connecticut or Massachusetts, age 16 or older, at the time of entry. If Winner is a minor, the winner must be` the minor's parent or legal guardian. Winner may be required to provide proof of age, identity, and residency. Employees and immediate family members of WTIC-TV, WTXX-TV, Hartford Courant, Tribune Television Company, and other media companies within their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies are not eligible to win. Immediate families (parent, siblings, children and spouse) of the Sponsors' are not eligible to win. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
6. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsors' have the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants 18 years of age and older agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsors' and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. Winners by acceptance of a prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize. Sponsors' are not responsible for personal injury of any prizewinner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. Winners may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to receiving their prize. All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, telephone number and social security number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued drivers license or identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsors' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail, etc., may be used by Sponsor for marketing or promotional purposes.
8. FOR A COPY OF THE RULES: Write to, "Ctnow.com Registration Sweepstakes Rules"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attention: Greg Bowen). For a list of Winners write to, "Ctnow.com Registration Sweepstakes Winners"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attention: Greg Bowen). All requests for rules and Winners' lists must be received by Friday, July 5, 2010.
10. SPONSOR: CT1 Media, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115.
Copyright © 2018, CT Now