NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The FOX CT Treat Yourself $500 Cash Card Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") starts at 5 p.m. (EST) December 17, 2012 and ends 9 a.m. (EST), January 2, 2012 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Tribune Television Company ("Sponsor"). The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions herein and the decisions of the Sponsor. The computer clock of Sponsor’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut in the WTIC-TV viewing area, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their respective immediate family members) of the Sponsor, Tribune Company, WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, CT1 Media, Tribune Broadcasting, and of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies, are not eligible to win. Employees of other media companies including all radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and outside Connecticut. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
2. TO ENTER: To enter, you must be a Pinterest member. Membership is free. To become a Pinterest member, go to Pinterest.com and complete the Pinterest registration. Please note, it may take up to 48 hours to receive your invitation, so plan accordingly in order to ensure that you have sufficient time to submit your entry during the Sweepstakes Period. Once you are a member, go to www.ctnow.com/entertainment and click on any of the CTnow.com Holiday Themed Photo Galleries. Find 8 of your favorite photos and re-pin them to a new board on your Pinterest page. Please name your board Holiday Fun. There are 2 ways you can pin a photo from www.ctnow.com:
A. Enter via Pin-It Button: You can add the "Pin It" button to your Bookmarks Bar to submit a pin to your board. To install the "Pin It" button in Firefox:
1. Display your Bookmarks Bar by clicking View > Toolbars > Bookmarks Toolbar
2. Drag the "Pin It" button to your Bookmarks Toolbar
3. When you are browsing the web, push the “Pin It” button to pin an image
For more information on the "Pin It" button go to http://pinterest.com/about/goodies. Once you have the "Pin It" button installed; click on it and this will open up a new window. Hover of the image you want to re-pin and click "Pin It". Select the board you would like to add it to and click "Pin It". This will save the image to your board. Once you have 8 photos saved to your Holiday Fun board, go to www.ctnow.com/entertainmentfun and fill out the entry form including name, age, address, telephone number, email address, and a link to your Pinterest Board.
B. Enter via Your Pinterest Account: Under your Pinterest account click on "Add +". A new window will open, click on the "Add a Pin" link. Add a website URL link from ctnow.com and click find images. Select the board you would like to add it to and click “Pin It”. This will save the image to your board. Once you have 8 photos saved to your Holiday Fun board, go to www.ctnow.com/entertainmentfun and fill out the entry form including name, age, address, telephone number, email address, and a link to your Pinterest Board.
C. Restrictions: Only one entry per person and per email address will be allowed and any extra or duplicative entries will result in disqualification of all entries. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries, and that entrant may be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. The use of automated or third party software or web site to register and/or play is prohibited. All received entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. You are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Pinterest. Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant.
By submitting a Board, entrant represents and warrants that the Board submitted: is the original creation of the entrant; contains no defamatory, threatening, obscene, harassing or otherwise unlawful material; and contains only images from CTNow’s Holiday Themed Photo Galleries. Entrant further represents and warrants that no laws were broken in the creation of the Board. If an entrant breaches any of these representations and warranties, or any of the Official Rules, he or she is solely responsible for injury caused by the breach. Violation of any of these representations and warranties will be cause for disqualification.
3. DEADLINE: All entries must be received by Wednesday, January 2, 2012 at 9 a.m. (EST). Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. E-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries, or any other technical error or malfunction.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One (1) Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries after 9 a.m. (EST) Wednesday, January 2, 2012. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within two (2) days of the drawing. If the Winner is ineligible, if Sponsor is unable to make contact with the Winner after reasonable effort and time (one day of initial call to Winner), or if the Winner fails to sign the necessary release, and waiver of liability forms by Friday, January 25, 2013 at 4 p.m., the prize shall be forfeited.
5. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: Winner will a $500 Visa Gift Card. Gift card is accepted anywhere in the United States where Visa credit cards are excepted. For more details about the card, visit www.giftcards.com/visa-gift-cards. Sponsor may change gift card in its sole discretion. Approximate retail value ("ARV") of the prize is $500. Federal, state and local taxes, and any additional expenses if any, including travel, or other incidental expenses incurred as part of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. To claim the prize, winners must come to the Hartford Courant building: 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, by Friday, Friday, January 25, 2013. If the Winner fails to show proof of age and fill out and sign any necessary forms (FOXCT Sweepstakes release form and eligibility form) by that date, that winner shall be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited. Prize is not replaceable if lost or stolen, non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsor's sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsor are final and binding. Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guaranty, either express or implied, provided by Sponsor. All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the prize, as well as all other costs or expenses involved in obtaining and/or maintaining the prize are the responsibility of the Winner. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsor are final and binding.
SUCH PRIZE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
6. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants 18 years of age and older agree to allow use of their board, name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver's license or identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsor's' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Pinterest, WCCT-TV/WTIC-TV, the Hartford Courant, CT1 Media and Tribune Television Company, and all these companies' parent corporations, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents, and employees of all such companies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this sweepstakes, and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize and any travel related thereto, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy.
Sponsor is not responsible for changes made to the Prizes being awarded, including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the Prize events, and is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the contest or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.
Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at their sole discretion, Sponsor find such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant repeatedly shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; or (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes.
8. FOR A WINNER NAME: Write to, "Treat Yourself $500 Gift Card Winner"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attention: Marketing). All requests for rules and Winner' lists must be received by Friday, January 25, 2013.
9. SPONSOR: Tribune Broadcasting Company, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Visa or Pinterest.
Copyright © 2018, CT Now