NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to FOXCT and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for FOXCT. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
The Ron White Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") starts at 9:00AM (EST), March 19 12, 2012 and ends 9:00AM (EST), March 23, 2012. The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is WTIC-TV ("Sponsor"). The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions herein and the decisions of the Sponsor. The computer clock of Sponsors' webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Each entrant must be a legal U.S. resident residing in Connecticut, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) or household members (whether or not related)) of Sponsor, media outlets in the WCCT-TV/WTIC-TV viewing areas, or of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising agencies associated with this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and outside Connecticut. Winners who have won a prize from a promotion sponsored by CT1 Media within the last six (6) months are ineligible and will be disqualified.
2. TO ENTER: Log onto http://www.facebook.com/FOXCT and like our Page within the time period listed below. All entrants who liked our Page (including any pre-existing fans of the FOXCT Facebook Page) will be able to access the Sweepstakes link, which will be available from Monday, March 23, 2012 at 9:00AM (EST) until Friday, March 23, 2012 at 9:00AM (EST). On the Sweepstakes link/entry form entrants will have to provide all information requested, including name, age, address, telephone number and e-mail address. Only one (1) entry per person/household will be allowed and any extra or duplicative entries will result in disqualification of all entries.
3. DEADLINE: Entries must be received by Friday, March 23, 2012 at 9:00AM (EST). Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. E-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries or any other technical error or malfunction.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One (1) Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries on or about Monday, March 26, 2012. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within one (1) day of the drawing. If the Winner is ineligible, if FOXCT is unable to make contact with the Winner after reasonable effort and time (one day of initial call to Winner), or if the Winner fails to sign the necessary release, and waiver of liability forms by Friday, April 20, 2012 at 7PM, the prize shall be forfeited.
5. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Winner will receive two (2) tickets to Ron White: Moral Compass Tour on Friday, April 20, 2012 at 7PM at The Bushnell (166 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106). Approximate retail value is $122. Federal, state and local taxes, and any additional expenses if any, including travel, parking, any taxes, tips, or other incidental expenses incurred at the above-referenced event are the sole responsibility of the winner. To claim the prize, Winners must go to The Bushnell's box office will call on Friday, April 20, 2012 between 6PM and 7PM EST. If the Winner fails to pick up the prize on Friday, April 20, 2012, that winner shall be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsor' sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsor are final and binding. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guaranty, either express or implied, provided by Sponsor. All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the prize, as well as all other costs or expenses involved in obtaining and/or maintaining the prize are the responsibility of the Winner.
All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsor is final and binding.
6. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants 18 years of age and older agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver's license or identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsor's' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Facebook, Hartford Courant, FOXCT, CT1 Media and Tribune Television Company, and all these companies' parent corporations, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents, and employees of all such companies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this sweepstakes, and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize and any travel related thereto, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy.
Sponsor's are not responsible for changes made to the Prizes being awarded, including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the Prize events, and is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the contest or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.
Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor reserve the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at their sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant repeatedly shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsors; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsors assume no liability for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; or (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes.
8. FOR A COPY OF THE RULES: Write to, "Ron White Rules"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attention: Marketing). For the name of the winner write to, "Ron White Winner"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attention: Marketing). All requests for rules and Winner' lists must be received by Friday, April 27, 2012.
9. SPONSOR: FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115.
Copyright © 2018, CT Now