NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR
CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers in LA Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") starts on or about Tuesday,June 1, 2010 at 12:01 am (EDT) and ends on or about Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 11:59 pm(EDT) ("Sweepstakes Period"). This Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and byentering, each entrant agrees to abide and be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges andSponsors.
1) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents residing in the 48 contiguous UnitedStates of America who are 18 years and older as of the first day of the Sweepstakes Period.Employees (and their immediate household or family members) of Tribune Interactive, Inc. andTomPetty.com ("Sponsors") and their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies,prize providers, promotion and delivery contractors and/or public relations companies associated withthis Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate. Employees of other media companies, including allradio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such employees are noteligible to participate. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that all eligibilityrequirements are met as well as proof of ownership of the e-mail address associated with the winningentry. Void where prohibited and and in AK and HI.
2) How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, go toTompetty.com, KSWB TV 69 (Fox affiliate) http://www.fox5sandiego.com/, KTLA TV 5 (CW affiliate)http://www.ktla.com/, KTXL TV 40 (Fox affiliate) http://www.fox40.com/ ,WTIC TV 61 (Fox affiliate)http://www.fox61.com/, WTXX TV 20 (CW affiliate) http://www.wtxx.com/ ,WSFL TV 39 (CW affiliate)http://southflorida.sun-sentinel.com/,WGN AM 720 http://www.wgnradio.com/,WGN TV 9 (CW affiliate)http://www.wgntv.com/,WTTV TV 4 (CW affiliate) http://www.indianas4.com/ , WXIN TV 59 (Fox affiliate)http://www.fox59.com/,WGNO TV 26 (ABC affiliate) http://www.abc26.com/, WNOL TV 38 (CW affiliate)http://www.nola38.com/,WXMI TV 17 (Fox affiliate) http://www.fox17online.com/ , ,WPIX TV 11 (CWaffiliate) http://www.wpix.com/,KRCW TV 32 (CW affiliate) http://www.nw32.com/,WPHL TV 17 (MyTVaffiliate) http://www.myphl17.com/, WPMT TV 43 (Fox affiliate) http://www.fox43.com/,KDAF TV 33 (CWaffiliate) http://www.the33tv.com/, KIAH TV 39 (CW affiliate) http://www.39online.com/,KCPQ TV 13 (Foxaffiliate) http://www.q13fox.com/,KMYQ TV 22 (MyTV affiliate) http://www.myq2.com/,WDCW TV 50 (CWaffiliate) http://www.dc50tv.com/,Baltimore Sun: http://www.baltimoresun.com/,Chicago Tribune:http://www.chicagotribune.com/, Daily Press: http://www.dailypress.com/, Hartford Courant:http://www.courant.com/, LA Times: http://latimes.com/,Morning Call: http://www.mcall.com/,OrlandoSentinel: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/,Sun Sentinel: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/.web pages to enter the Sweepstakes. You must provide all information requested on the registrationform, and your contact information must be accurate. In the event of a dispute regarding the identityof an entrant, the "authorized account holder" of the e-mail account will be deemed the person whosubmitted the entry. The "authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person to whom theapplicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educationalinstitution) has assigned the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mailaddress. Incomplete entries will be disqualified, and Sponsors are not responsible for registrationsthat are lost, late, deleted, garbled, corrupted, mis-delivered, or misdirected as a result of technical,internet or other online difficulties or errors. All entries must be received by the close of theSweepstakes Period. The computer clock of Sponsors' webmaster is the official timekeeping deviceof the Sweepstakes. Limit one entry per person; duplicate entries from the same person will bedisqualified. All received entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned. Anyattempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different e-mailaddresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and thatentrant may be disqualified.
3) Winner and Notification: On or about Wednesday, September 15, 2010 Sponsors will selectpotential winner in a drawing from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on thenumber of eligible entries received. Sponsors will make all final decisions in any and all issues relatedto this Sweepstakes, and its decisions shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors will attemptto contact potential winner by phone and/or email. A winner will be disqualified and an alternatewinner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining entries if (1) a winner does notclaim his or her prize by September 17, 2010; (2) a winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements;(3) a winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (4) if the prize notification is returned asundeliverable, refused, or declined.
4) Prize and Delivery: One Grand Prize: Grand Prize consists of round-trip airfare for two from a majorairport within a reasonable distance from winner's home to a Los Angeles, CA area airport; onenight's double-occupancy hotel accommodations; autographed guitar from Tom Petty and TheHeartbreakers; and two front row tickets to see Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers performance onOctober 1, 2010 in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Bowl, approximate retail value ("ARV") $2000.00.The actual value of the prize may vary depending on date and times of travel, airfare fluctuations andhotel charges at the time of travel. Therefore, the actual value of the prize awarded may be lower orhigher at the time it is fulfilled. In the event actual ARV is less than stated ARV, difference betweenactual value and stated ARV will not be awarded. Any costs associated with prize receipt and/or usethat are not expressly stated above are not included in the prize and are the responsibility solely ofthe prize winner and his/her travel companion. All prize-related travel arrangements will beadministered by Sponsors' authorized designee. Prize winner and his or her travel companion will berequired to travel on identical itineraries including the same departure date and return date. Prizewinner and his or her travel companion will each be required to provide a valid passport orgovernment issued identification at time of travel. In the event travel companion is a minor, travelcompanion must be accompanied at all times by parent or legal guardian. If the prize winner elects totravel or partake in prize trip with no travel companion, no additional compensation will be awarded tothe prize winner. If the prize winner resides within 100 miles of Los Angeles, ground transportationmay be included but airfare and hotel will not be awarded and the cash value or additional prizeelement will not be awarded. Air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken togetherand cannot be taken separately. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) ofthe travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsors' sole discretion. All airline ticketsissued in conjunction with prize are not eligible for upgrades, frequent flyer miles or any otherpromotional benefit. Sponsors will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificatesor similar items once they are in the prize winner's possession, or in the possession of the winner'stravel companion. Prize travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates and certainother restrictions. Travel must be roundtrip. Sponsors will determine airline and flight itinerary in theirsole discretion. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as the prize; if a stopover occurs, theprize will terminate and full fare will be charged from the stopover point for the remaining tripsegment(s), including the return. Once hotel and flight arrangements have been confirmed, nochanges will be allowed except by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Any unclaimed and/or unusedtravel package or element thereof will be forfeited by winner and will remain the property of Sponsors.No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travelis subject to the terms and conditions set for in these Official Rules and those set forth by Sponsors'air travel prize supplier, as detailed in the passenger ticket contract issued by such supplier.In the event winner is a minor in his or her state of residence, Grand Prize will be awarded to winner'sparent or legal guardian. Winner is solely responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxesin connection with the prize. Prize substitutions are not allowed, and prize is not transferable. OnlySponsors may elect, at their discretion, to substitute a prize (or element thereof) of equal value due tolack of availability for any given reason. Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, eitherexpress or implied by Sponsors, including but not limited to, the quality, merchantability, habitability,or fitness of the prize items. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsorsaward more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. In the event winner is unable to travelon the designated dates, prize will be forfeited, and no alternate prize will be awarded.
5) Other Conditions: Winner (or winner's parent or legal guardian in event winner is a minor in his orher state of residence) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release, and,if so, it must be returned to Sponsors within one week of the date Sponsors send document to winner.Failure to return such document will result in that winner being disqualified, and Sponsors mayrandomly draw another winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Travel companion (or parentor legal guardian in the event companion is a minor) must sign and return Release prior toaccompanying winner on prize trip.By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, waive and hold harmless Sponsorsand their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, andall of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from any and all injuries, claims,damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney's fees) resultingfrom accessing the Sweepstakes website; submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspectof the Sweepstakes; the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; preparing for, participating inor traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or; any printing, typographical or other error inthese Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize.By accepting the prize, winner agrees, where legal, to allow Sponsors and their agents and licenseesto use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses and any information provided on the entry form,in any medium of communication, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, withoutadditional compensation.
6) Internet/Fraud/Tampering: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned,or if this Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomescorrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries inaccordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorizedintervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsors' soleopinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of thisSweepstakes, the Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individualimplicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes or anyportion thereof. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsors will conduct a randomdrawing to award prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of theaction or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, orsuspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Sweepstakes website. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE(INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THESWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsors assume no liability for (a) anyincorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic datatransmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any pointin the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission,interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause,with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providersutilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of theInternet or the Sweepstakes website or any combination thereof.
7) Winner List or Official Rules: For an Official Winner List (available after September 17, 2010), or acopy of these Official Rules, send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Tribune, 435North Michigan Avenue, Suite L1, Chicago, IL 60611, ATTN: Melissa Collins. Official Rules are alsoavailable at participating web sites. All requests for Official Rules or Winner List must be received bySeptember 10, 2010 (Official Rules) and by October 17, 2010 (Winner List).
8) Sponsors: Tribune Interactive, Inc., 435 N Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 andTomPetty.com (http://www.tompetty.com).Copyright © 2018, CT Now