NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Mamma Mia Spa Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") starts at 12:01AM (EST) Monday, December 26, 2011 and ends on or near 9:00AM (EST), Thursday, January 12, 2012. The sponsors of this Sweepstakes are CT1 Media, Kiss 95.7 WKSS, and the Palace Theater ("Sponsors"). The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions herein and the decisions of the Sponsors. The computer clock of CT1 Media's webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
1. TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut within the WCCT-TV viewing area, age 21 or older as of December 26, 2011.. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. Winner will be required to provide proof of age, identity, and residency in order to claim prize. To enter, log onto www.ctnow.com/mammamia and complete all required fields in the Sweepstakes entry form including but not limited to name, address, age, phone number, and e-mail. Only one (1) entry per person or e-mail address, per day, will be accepted.
2. DEADLINE: All entries must be received between 12:01AM (EST), Monday, December 26, 2011 and Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 8:59AM (EST). Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. E-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One (1) entrant will be selected at random by Sponsors from all eligible entries, on or about Wednesday, January 11, 2012, and will tentatively be declared the Grand Prize Winner. The odds of qualifying depend on the number of entries received. Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within one (1) day of the drawing. If a selected Winner is ineligible, or if CT1 Media is unable to make contact after reasonable effort and time (two (2) days of initial call)), the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
Winner will be required to sign any necessary forms including but not limited to Sweepstakes release form and W9 form within two (2) days of being contacted or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
4. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Winner will receive a Mamma Mia Spa Celebration Package with all activities occurring on Friday, January 20, 2012 for Winner and three (3) guests that includes:
- Lavendar Fields Day Spa for four (4) people at Lavendar Fields Day Spa, 175 New Britain Avenue Plainville, CT 06062. (The Rose package - a luxurious Ultimate Facial and a sixty-minute therapeutic massage by one of our experienced licensed therapists then; a Spa Manicure with a moisturizing paraffin treatment and Spa Pedicure.) ARV: $1156;
- One (1) Elizabeth Richard Shwag Bag (filled with specialty wine glass, food, body cremes and more.) ARV: $500;
- Dinner for Winner and three (3) guests to Brass City Bistro, 812 Hamilton Avenue, Waterbury, CT 06706 (Up to $150 value. Food, beverage, and alcohol, if legally permitted, is included. Tax, gratuity, and anything over $150 is the sole responsibility of the Winner) ARV: $150;
- Four (4) Orchestra tickets to Mamma Mia at the Palace Theater, 100 East Main Street, Waterbury, CT 06702 on Friday, January 20, 2012 at 8:00PM (EST) ARV: $280;
- Limo transportation provided by Gateway Limousine from Lavendar Fields Day Spa, to Brass City Bistro, to The Palace Theater, and returning to Lavendar Fields Day Spa (ARV: $417).
- TOTAL ARV: $2,503.00.
Winner will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting the actual value of any prize that is $600 or more. It is the responsibility of the Winner and the Winner's guest to meet at Lavendar Fields Day Spa (175 New Britain Avenue Plainville, CT 06062). The Lavendar Fields Day Spa visit must be claimed and used on the afternoon of January 20th prior to the arrival of the limo. Winner must contact Sponsors to confirm the specific scheduling to occur on January 20, 2012. The limo will pick-up the Winner and the Winner's guests at approximately 5PM (EST). Entire prize package will only occur on Friday, January 20, 2012. It is the responsibility of the Prize Winner to be available the entire day. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsors sole discretion.
Approximate retail value of the entire grand prize package is $2503. To claim the prize, Winner must come to the Hartford Courant: 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115, 9AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday, within two (2) days of being contacted, but in no event later than 5 PM, Thursday, January 19, 2012. Tickets for Mamma Mia will be given to Prize Winner at the Hartford Courant, Elizabeth Richard Gift Bag will be at Lavendar Fields Day Spa, and Winner's name will be sent to Brass City Bistro for reservations. If the Winner fails to show proof of age and fill out and sign the necessary forms (CT1 Media Affidavit of Eligibility, a Release Form, publicity waiver, and IRS Form W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification)) by that date, that winner shall be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited. The Prize package (or any part thereof) is not replaceable if lost or stolen, non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. If the Winner elects to partake or use the Prizes with none or less than three guests, no additional compensation will be awarded to the Winner. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsors sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsors are final and binding. All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the prize, as well as all other costs or expenses involved in obtaining and/or maintaining the prize that are not otherwise stated herein, including without limitation any incidental expenses, are the responsibility of the Winner. Prizes are not assignable, transferable or redeemable for cash.
All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsors are final and binding.
5. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsors have the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsors and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. Winners by acceptance of a prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors, its parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, Sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, losses of any kind, damage, causes of action, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy. Sponsors are not responsible for personal injury of any prizewinner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver's license or valid identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsors' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
Sponsors are not responsible for changes made to the Prizes being awarded; including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the Prize events, and is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.
By participating in these Sweepstakes, you also agree to have your name, biographical information, and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes relating to these sweepstakes or future similar sweepstakes without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law.Neither the failure of Sponsors to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsors in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.SUCH PRIZE(S) ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Employees of media outlets in the WCCT-TV/WTIC-TV viewing areas, or of the SPONSORS Hartford Courant, WCCT-TV/WTIC-TV, Tribune Television Company, Clear Channel, Lavendar Fields Day Spa, Brass City Bistro, Gateway Limousine, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, and their respective immediate family members are not eligible to win. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Winners who have won a prize from a promotion sponsored by CT1 Media within the last six (6) months are ineligible and will be disqualified.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail, etc., may be used by WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, CT1 Media and Tribune Television Company for marketing or promotional purposes.
8. FOR A COPY OF THE RULES: Write to, "Mamma Mia Spa Giveaway Rules"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Marketing) or go to www.ctnow.com/mammamia. For a Winner Name; write to "Mamma Mia Spa Giveaway Winner"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Marketing). All requests for rules and Winners' lists must be received by Friday, January 20, 2012.
9. SPONSORS: CT1 Media, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115; Kiss 95.7 WKSS, 10 Columbus Boulevard, Hartford, CT 06106; and Palace Theater, 100 East Main Street, Waterbury, CT 06702-2334.
Copyright © 2018, CT Now