NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The FOXCT $500 Gas Card Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") starts at 9 a.m. (EST) June 18, 2012 and ends 12 p.m. (EST), June 22, 2012 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Tribune Broadcasting Company ("Sponsor"). The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions herein and the decisions of the Sponsor. The computer clock of CT1 Media’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Each entrant must be a legal U.S. resident residing in Connecticut or Massachusetts, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) or household members (whether or not related)) of Sponsor, media outlets in the WCCT-TV/WTIC-TV viewing areas, or of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising agencies associated with this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and outside Connecticut. Winners who have won a prize from a promotion sponsored by CT1 Media within the last six (6) months are ineligible and will be disqualified.
2. TO ENTER: Log onto www.facebook.com/FOXCT between 9 a.m. (EST) and 12 p.m. (EST) from Monday, June 18, 2012 through Friday, June 22, 2012 and like the FOXCT Page. All entrants who liked the FOXCT Page (including any pre-existing fans of the FOXCT Facebook Page) will be able to access the Sweepstakes link, which will be available during the Sweepstakes Period. On the Sweepstakes link/entry form, entrants will have to provide all information requested, including name, age, address, telephone number and email address. Only one entry per person and per email address, per day will be accepted. Entrants may enter up to five times during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Any extra or duplicate entries will result in disqualification of all entries. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries, and that entrant may be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. The use of automated or third party software or web site to register and/or play is prohibited. All received entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. You are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. Only one (1) Winner per household during the Sweepstakes Period allowed.
3. DEADLINE: Entries must be received between 9 a.m. (EST) and 12 p.m. (EST) each day in order to be eligible for the Sweepstakes. Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. E-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries or any other technical error or malfunction.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Each day, qualified online entries for that particular Sweepstakes Period will be combined into three different entry pools, separated by the particular three code words for that day. One (1) Winner each day will then be selected at random from the five different pools ("Daily Winners"), for a maximum total of five (5) Winners (subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules). Winners will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within one (1) day of the drawing. If a selected Daily Winner is ineligible, if WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV is unable to make contact after reasonable effort and time (two days of initial call), or if a Winner fails to pick up the prize and sign the necessary forms within reasonable period of time, the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Once an entrant has been declared a Daily Winner, he or she, or anyone in their respective household, shall not be eligible to be a Daily Winner in any additional daily drawings held during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: 5 Grand Prizes: Each Winner will receive one (1) $500 gas card. Gift card is good for Exxon/Mobil. The gift card can be used for purchases at the pump or in the store at over 10,000 Exxon and Mobil stations across the nation. For more details, visit http://www.svmcards.net/exxonmobil/Index1.cfm. Sponsor may change gift card location in its sole discretion. Approximate retail value ("ARV") of each prize is $500. Total ARV of all prizes: $2,500. Federal, state and local taxes, and any additional expenses if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. To claim the prize, Winners must come to the Hartford Courant building: 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, by July 6, 2012. If the Winner fails to show proof of age and fill out and sign the necessary forms (FOXCT Sweepstakes release form and eligibility form) by that date, that winner shall be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited. Prize is not replaceable if lost or stolen, non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsor's sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsor are final and binding. Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guaranty, either express or implied, provided by Sponsor. All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the prize, as well as all other costs or expenses involved in obtaining and/or maintaining the prize are the responsibility of the Winner.
All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsor are final and binding.
SUCH PRIZE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
6. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants 18 years of age and older agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver's license or identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsor's' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Facebook, WCCT-TV/WTIC-TV, the Hartford Courant, CT1 Media and Tribune Television Company, and all these companies' parent corporations, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents, and employees of all such companies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this sweepstakes, and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize and any travel related thereto, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy.
Sponsor is not responsible for changes made to the Prizes being awarded, including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the Prize events, and is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the contest or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.
Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at their sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant repeatedly shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; or (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes.
8. FOR A COPY OF THE RULES: Write to, "Gas Card Rules"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attention: Marketing) or go to www.facebook.com/FOXCT. For Winner's name write to, "Gas Card Winners"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attention: Marketing). All requests for rules and Winner' lists must be received by Friday, July 6, 2012.
9. SPONSOR: WTIC-TV/Tribune Broadcasting Company, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Exxon/Mobil is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.
Copyright © 2018, CT Now