1. TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes begins May 3, 2010 and ends Friday May, 14, 2010. To enter, watch the FOXCT Morning News Weekdays between 7AM and 8AM (EST) from Monday, May 3, 2010 through Friday, May 14, 2010. Listen and watch for the cue to call. There will be two (2) chances to win each hour. When asked to call, dial 1-860-723-2005 or 1-866-861-9842. The 6th caller will be declared a "Qualifier" (subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules), for a total of twenty (20) Qualifiers, and will qualify for the grand prize drawing.
Each "Qualifier" will win an American Idol prize pack consisting of an American Idol t-shirt, American Idol cooler, and umbrella or cup. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Qualifying Prize is $45. To claim the qualifying prize, Winners must come to the Hartford Courant building: 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115, 9AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday, by May 28, 2010. If the Winner fails to pick up the prize by Friday, May 28, 2010, that winner shall be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise.
2. SELECTION OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected at random from among all twenty (20) "Qualifiers", on or about Friday May 14, 2010 and will be declared the Grand Prize Winner (subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules). Grand Prize Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within two (2) days of the drawing. If a selected Grand Prize Winner is ineligible, if FOXCT is unable to make contact with a selected Grand Prize Winner after reasonable effort and time (two days of initial call to Winner), or if a the Grand Prize Winner fails to sign the necessary release, waiver of liability and tax forms within three (3) business days of notification, the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible "Qualifiers".
3. GRAND PRIZE: Grand Prize Winner will receive: (i) Hotel accommodations (double occupancy) for two (2) nights at a Los Angeles or Burbank hotel selected by Sponsors in their sole discretion and roundtrip coach airfare for two from Hartford, CT to Los Angeles or Burbank, CA (approximate retail value: $1,350); and (ii) admission for two (2) to be part of the audience for the American Idol Finale on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at NOKIA Theatre L.A., 777 Chick Hearn Court, Los Angeles, CA 90015 (approximate retail value: $100). Local ground transportation in Los Angeles and within California is not included. Winner and his/her guest are responsible for all incidental expenses and other costs that are not specifically stated in these Rules. The total approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize is $1,450. Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner's guest must be at least six (6) years of age or older. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary, on dates determined by Sponsors, and must have valid government-issued identification and any other documents necessary for air travel. Winner is responsible for all applicable travel and other insurance, all applicable airport charges including, without limitation, any excess baggage charges, airport taxes, fuel charges and any applicable Customs or Federal inspection fees. Tickets are not transferable, refundable or redeemable. Winner will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, a W9 form, and Winner and guest will be required to execute a release of liability prior to receiving their prize. Winner and guest must travel on dates and times booked by Contest Sponsor. If the live show is cancelled, or if the flight is delayed/cancelled, no substitute prizes are available except at Sponsors' sole discretion. Sponsors' have the right to change the start and end dates of the sweepstakes to the extent necessary to adjust to events of Force Majeure as well as to changes to production and broadcast schedules, without financial or legal liability of nature whatsoever. FOX CT and FOX Broadcasting Company shall have the right to substitute the prize at their sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by the Sponsors' are final and binding.
The prizes are not replaceable if lost, stolen, or destroyed, are not transferable or redeemable for cash, and may not be substituted for another prize, except at sole discretion of Sponsors. In the event production of American Idol is cancelled or postponed, the ticket portion of the prizing may be cancelled without substitution or compensation therefore If a ticket prize is awarded, the winner's guest to the American Idol show must be at least 6 years old. Tickets are nontransferable and cannot be sold to or used by any person(s) other than the winner and the winner's designated guest.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, a US citizen or legal resident currently residing in Connecticut at the time of entry, in order to win. Winner's guest must be at least six (6) years of age or older. If winner's guest is a minor, the winner must be the minor's parent or legal guardian. Employees of media outlets or of the Hartford Courant, WTXX-TV, WTIC-TV, Tribune Television Company, FOX Broadcasting Company, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies, and their respective immediate family members are not eligible to win. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
5. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to the Hartford Courant, WTXX-TV/WTIC-TV, Tribune Television Company, FOX Broadcasting Company, and their agents and licensees, to use the entrant's name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material, including name, state, and town for broadcast and promotional purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes. By entering, each entrant agrees that if selected as a Winner, he/she may be required to sign a release and waiver of liability. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to another entrant if a Winner does not execute the prepared form of release and waiver as required by FOXCT, or if a selected Winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Fox Broadcasting Company, News Corporation, Fox Digital Media, FremantleMedia North America, Inc., American Idol Productions, Inc., 19 TV Ltd., 19 Merchandising Ltd., CKX, Inc, Hartford Courant, FOXCT and Tribune Television Company, and all these companies' parent corporations, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents, and employees of all such companies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this sweepstakes, and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize and any travel related thereto, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy.
6. FOR A COPY OF THE RULES: Write to, "Idol Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes Rules"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Greg Bowen) or go to www.ctnow.com. For a list of Winners write to, "Idol Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes Winners"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Greg Bowen). All requests for rules and Winners' lists must be received by Friday May 21, 2010.7. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by: FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 and Hartford Courant, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115.
Copyright © 2018, CT Now