1. TO ENTER: No Purchase Necessary. Entrants must be a legal resident and a resident of Connecticut within the WTIC viewing area, age 21 or older at the time of entry. To enter, log onto www.ctnow.com and go to the "Idol Ticket Giveaway" Sweepstakes page from Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 12:01AM EST until Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 11:59PM EST. Complete all required fields in the Sweepstakes entry form including name, address, age, phone number, and e-mail address . ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON/E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Duplicate entries from the same person will be disqualified.
2. DEADLINE: Entries must be received by Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 11:59PM EST. Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. E-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One (1) Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries on or about Monday, March 21, 2011. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within two (2) days of the drawing. If the Winner is ineligible, if FOXCT is unable to make contact with the Winner after reasonable effort and time (two days of initial call to Winner), or if the Winner fails to sign the necessary release, waiver of liability and tax forms within three (3) business days of notification, the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
4. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Winner will receive: (a) Hotel accommodations (double occupancy) for Winner and a guest for two (2) nights at a hotel located within Los Angeles or Burbank area selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion; (b) Roundtrip coach airfare for Winner and a guest from Hartford, CT to Los Angeles or Burbank, CA; and (c) admission for two (2) to be part of the audience for the American Idol Top 12 show on Wednesday, April 6, 2011 at the CBS Television City, 7800 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036 (Actual Time TBD). Local ground transportation in Los Angeles and within California is not included. Winner and his/her guest are responsible for all incidental expenses and other costs (i.e. meals, ground transportation, hotel expenses, etc.) that are not specifically stated in these Rules, including applicable travel and other insurance, all applicable airport charges including, without limitation, any excess baggage charges, airport taxes, fuel charges and any applicable Customs or Federal inspection fees.. The total approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize is $1,350. Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older and Winner's guest (if so chosen by Winner) must be at least six (6) years of age or older.
The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, may not be combined with any other offer, and has no cash value. Prize substitution will not be allowed, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for the prize. Any unused Prize elements will be forfeited. The actual value of the prize may vary depending on date and times of travel, airfare fluctuations and hotel charges at the time of travel. Therefore, the actual value of the prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. Any difference between actual value and stated ARV will not be awarded. Winner and his or her guest/travel companion will be required to travel on identical itineraries including the same departure date and return date. If the Winner elects to travel or partake in prize trip with no travel companion, no additional compensation will be awarded to the Winner. Air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. All prize-related travel arrangements will be administered by Sponsor's authorized designee. All airline tickets issued in conjunction with prize are not eligible for upgrades, frequent flyer miles or any other promotional benefit. Sponsors will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items once they are in the prize winner's possession, or in the possession of the prize winner's travel companion. Prize travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates and certain other restrictions. Travel must be roundtrip. Sponsors will determine airline and flight itinerary in their sole discretion.
Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Sponsor.Winner and guest each must have valid government-issued identification and any other documents necessary for air travel. Winner will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, a W9 form, and Winner and guest will be required to execute a release of liability prior to receiving their prize. WINNER AND GUEST MUST TRAVEL ON DATES AND TIMES BOOKED BY CONTEST SPONSOR. If the live show is cancelled, or if the flight is delayed/cancelled, no substitute prizes are available except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor has the right to change the start and end dates of the sweepstakes to the extent necessary to adjust to events of Force Majeure as well as to changes to production and broadcast schedules, without financial or legal liability of nature whatsoever. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by the Sponsors' are final and binding.
Tickets and prize's are nontransferable and cannot be sold to or used by any person(s) other than the winner and the winner's designated guest.
5. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants 18 years of age and older agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. . All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver's license or identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsor's' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Fox Broadcasting Company, News Corporation, Fox Digital Media, FremantleMedia North America, Inc., American Idol Productions, Inc., 19 TV Ltd., 19 Merchandising Ltd., CKX, Inc, Hartford Courant, FOXCT and Tribune Television Company, and all these companies' parent corporations, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents, and employees of all such companies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this sweepstakes, and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize and any travel related thereto, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is not open to employees of other media outlets within the WTIC-TV and WCCT-TV viewing areas, to employees of Sponsors or their immediate family members, or to employees (or their immediate family members), of any of Sponsor's parent companies, affiliates, licensees, advertising or promotional agencies or any other company affiliated with these Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail, etc., may be used by WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV and Tribune Television Company for marketing or promotional purposes.
8. FOR A COPY OF THE RULES: Write to, "Idol Ticket Rules"; FOX CT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attention: Greg Bowen) or log onto www.ctnow.com/contests. For the name of the winner write to, "Idol Ticket Winner"; FOX CT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attention: Greg Bowen). All requests for rules and Winner' lists must be received by Friday, March 25, 2011.
9. SPONSOR: CT1 Media, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115.
Copyright © 2018, CT Now