Sweepstakes begins 10:00 a.m. (EST) Monday, October 31, 2011 and ends 11:59 p.m. (EST) Sunday, November 13, 2011 (the "Sweepstakes Period")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local regulations apply. The "Husqvara Sweepstakes" is sponsored by FOX CT, Hartford Courant, Husqvarna, Giant Oak Power Equipment, Butler Power Equipment, RPM Power Equipment, CJ Tool Rental & Sales, Foskett Power Equipment, Backes Power Equipment, Sno-White Power Equipment, Little River Power and GT Lynch Outdoor Power Equipment (each a "Sponsor" and collectively "Sponsors").
1. TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut within the WCCT-TV viewing area, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. Winner may be required to provide proof of age, identity, and residency in order to claim prize. To enter, go to any one of the following Sponsor locations to find the special code word ("Code Word") during normal business hours. Locations include: Giant Oak Power Equipment, 1840 Foxon Road, North Branford, CT 06471; Butler Power Equipment, 631 New Park Avenue West Hartford, CT 06110; RPM Power Equipment, 101 Waterbury Road, Prospect, CT 06712; CJ Tool Rental & Sales, 1364 Norwich Road, Plainfield, CT 06374, Foskett Power Equipment, Route 171 South, Woodstock, CT 06282; Backes Power Equipment, 242 South Main Street, Burlington, CT 06013; GT Lynch Outdoor Power Equipment, 7 Grant Road, Ashford, CT 06278; Snow White Power Equipment, 311 East Street, Plainville, CT 06062; and Little River Power, 117 Oxford Road (Route 67), Oxford, CT 06478 ("Participating Stores"). Code Word will be located on or near the check-out counter. No purchase is required at any of the Participating Stores to obtain the Code Word. Once you have the Code Word, go to www.ctnow.com/husqvarna and complete all required fields in the Sweepstakes entry form including but not limited to name, address, age, phone number, e-mail, and the Code Word. Incorrect "Code Word" answers or incomplete entries will be disqualified. Only one (1) entry per e-mail address will be accepted during the Sweepstakes Period.
2. DEADLINE: All entries must be received by Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 11:59PM EST. Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. E-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Two (2) entrants will be selected at random from all eligible entries, on or about Monday, November 14, 2011, and the first drawn will tentatively be declared the First Place Winner and the second entry drawn will tentatively be declared the Second Place Winner. The odds of qualifying depend on the number of entries received. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within two (2) days of the drawing. If a selected Winner is ineligible, if CT1 Media is unable to make contact after reasonable effort and time (two days of initial call), or if either Winner fails to pick up the prize and sign the necessary by Friday, 4:59 p.m. EST, December 2, 2011, the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
4. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: The First Place Winner will receive a voucher good for 3 night stay for Winner and a guest at Smugglers' Notch Vermont in a Resort Studio condominium (4323 Vermont Route 108 South , Smugglers' Notch, VT 05464) and two (2) lift tickets for three (3) days to Smugglers' Notch. Travel to and from the resort, telephone, service bar, in-room movies and other room incidental charges not included in the basic hotel room, ski resort charges or any other charges or fees not set forth herein are the sole responsibility of the First Place Winner. Advance reservations are required. Prize travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates, holidays, and certain other restrictions. For additional information on voucher redemption and travel restrictions go to www.smuggs.com or call 1-802-644-8851, ext 1389. This voucher must be redeemed no later than December 25, 2012. Approximate retail value of this entire prize package is $900. The Second Place Winner (The second person selected) will receive a Husqvarna ST121E Electric Start Snow Blower. Approximate retail value is $649. To claim the prize, Winners must come to the Hartford Courant: 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115, 9AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday, by Friday, December 2, 2011. Please note, CT1 Media will be closed on Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25, 2011. If the Winners fail to show proof of age and fill out and sign the necessary forms (Release Form, publicity waiver, and IRS Form W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification)) by that date, that winner shall be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited. The Prizes (or any part thereof) is not replaceable if lost or stolen, non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsor's sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsors are final and binding. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guaranty, either express or implied, provided by Sponsors. All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the prize, as well as all other costs or expenses involved in obtaining and/or maintaining the prize are the responsibility of the Winners. Prizes are not assignable, transferable or redeemable for cash.
All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsors are final and binding.
5. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsors have the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsors and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. Winners by acceptance of a prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors, its parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, Sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, losses of any kind, damage, causes of action, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy. Sponsors are not responsible for personal injury of any prizewinner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver's license or valid identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsors' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
Sponsors are not responsible for changes made to the Prizes being awarded; including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the Prize events, and is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.
By participating in these Sweepstakes, you also agree to have your name, biographical information, and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes relating to these sweepstakes or future similar sweepstakes without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law.Neither the failure of Sponsors to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsors in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.SUCH PRIZE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut within the WCCT-TV viewing area, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Employees of media outlets in the WCCT-TV/WTIC-TV viewing areas, or of Sponsors, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, and their respective immediate family members are not eligible to win. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Winners who have won a prize from a promotion sponsored by CT1 Media within the last six (6) months are ineligible and will be disqualified.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail, etc., may be used by WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, CT1 Media and Tribune Television Company for marketing or promotional purposes.
8. FOR A COPY OF THE RULES: Write to, "Husqvarna Sweepstakes Rules"; CT.com, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Marketing) or go to http://www.ctnow.com/husqvarna. For a list of Winners; write to "Husqvarna Sweepstakes Winners"; CT.com, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Marketing). All requests for rules and Winners' lists must be received by Friday, December 2, 2011.
9. SPONSORS: CT1 Media, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115; Husqvarna 9335 Harris Corners Pky. Ste 500, Charlotte, NC 28269; Giant Oak Power Equipment, 1840 Foxon Road, North Branford, CT 06471; Butler Power Equipment, 631 New Park Avenue, West Hartford, CT 06110; RPM Power Equipment, 101 Waterbury Road, Prospect, CT 06712; CJ Tool Rental & Sales, 1364 Norwich Road, Plainfield, CT 06374; Foskett Power Equipment, Route 171 South, Woodstock, CT 06282; Backes Power Equipment, 242 South Main Street, Burlington, CT 06013; GT Lynch Outdoor Power Equipment, 7 Grant Road, Ashford, CT 06278; Sno-White Power Equipment, 154 Townline Road, Southington, CT 06489; and Little River Power, 117 Oxford Road, Oxford, CT 06478.
Copyright © 2018, CT Now