1. TO ENTER: No Purchase Necessary to enter or win. Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident residing in Connecticut within the WTIC-TV viewing area during the Contest Period, age 18 or older at the time of entry.
Contest period begins Friday, April 22, 2011 at 12:01AM EST and ends Friday, May 13, 2011 at 11:59AM EST (the "Contest Period"). To enter, log onto ctnow.com ("Contest Website") and go to the "Express Kitchen Mother's Day Contest" page from Friday, April 22, 2011 at 12:01AM EST through Sunday, May 1, 2011 at 4:59PM EST, (the "Entry Period") to enter the Contest. Submit a photo of your mother's kitchen and write in an essay in 250 words or less about why your mother should receive a kitchen makeover (the "Essay"). Please provide your phone number and e-mail with your essay. Photo must be in either .jpeg or .gif format, and its file size cannot exceed 200 kilobytes. Entrants will have to sign-in to ctnow.com in order to enter (new registrants can sign-up by providing your e-mail, screen name, password, gender, zip code, birthday, and any other required fields). All entries must be submitted online, and must be received within the Entry Period. Your mother must be a legal homeowner and residing at such home within the WTIC-TV viewing area at the time of entry. Entrants who fail to upload a picture and/or an original essay, or who fail to fully complete the entry form, or who submit incomplete information will be disqualified. Photos that are altered or electronically enhanced in order to substantially misrepresent the entrant, the nominee or the subject matter will not be considered and will be disqualified. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify those entries which Sponsors believe would subject them to a claim or litigation. Photo should contain no recognizable individuals/people beyond the entrant or entrant's mother; failure to do so may result in disqualification. By entering this Contest and submitting required entry materials, entrant and entrant's mother each agree that the Sponsors may collect, use and publish all information and materials in the entry submission, including, without limitation, the photo, the essay and the entrant data. If selected as the winner, entrant and entrant's mother understands and agrees that Sponsors may publish and/or broadcast before and after photos and/or video of the Kitchen makeover, the entrant and entrant's mother. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER HOUSEHOLD/ENTRANT WILL BE ACCEPTED. For the purposes of this contest, "Mother" shall be defined as a person who provided a majority of primary care to the entrant. Neither biological maternity status, nor legal parent or guardian status are a prerequisite for entering this Contest.
2. DEADLINE: Entries must be received by Sunday, May 1, 2011 at 4:59PM EST. Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. Except as otherwise required under these rules, entries containing attached files other than the required entry materials described in Section 1 above are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries; or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties, upload failure, or inability to transmit Internet entries.
3. SELECTION OF FINALISTS: On or about Monday, May 2, 2011, all eligible entries will be judged by a panel of judges comprised of Contest Sponsors' representatives based on four criteria: Need for the Renovation, 25%; Creativity of the essay, 25%; Enthusiasm in the essay, 25% and Location/Suitability of the Kitchen, 25%. The six (6) entrants with the highest scores will be tentatively declared the "Semi-Finalists", subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules. Sponsors' will attempt to contact the six Semi-Finalists (via e-mail and/or phone) on Monday, May 2, 2011 for a time to scout their kitchen area for feasibility of the proposed renovation. If entrant does not get in contact with Sponsors by Tuesday, May 3, 2011 at 5:00PM EST, he or she may be disqualified.
The Sponsor judges will then score the six Semi-Finalists on the following criteria; 50% on the criteria of the state of the Kitchen and 50% on potential marketing and/or entertainment value. The three Semi-Finalist with highest the total scores under this criteria will be tentatively declared the "Finalists", subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules. Sponsors' may alter the judging process in any way at their sole discretion, and entrants agree to abide by decisions of the judges and Sponsors, which are final in all respects.
4. FINALIST NOTIFICATION: On or about Thursday, May 5, 2011, Sponsors will notify the three finalists by telephone and/or e-mail. If a selected winner is not eligible, declines, or cannot be contacted within a reasonable period of time (following initial notification), he or she may be disqualified, and the Semi-Finalist with the next highest score may be declared a Finalist.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER: Once the three Finalists have been determined and announced, Sponsors will post each of the Finalist's photo and essay submissions on www.ctnow.com/kitchenmakeover from Sunday, May 8 at 12:01 AM EST until Friday, May 13, 2011 at 11:59AM EST (the "Voting Period"). During this time, Contest Sponsors will invite viewers and website users to visit the Contest Website and vote for their favorite Finalist based on which the voter believes most deserves a kitchen makeover). Limit 5 votes per valid e-mail address, per day. All voters must be located in the United States at the time they cast their vote. Proxy voting is not allowed, including but not limited to creating multiple or dummy emails. No one may purchase votes. The use of automated or third party software or web site to vote is prohibited. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any votes cast in violation of the above restrictions. The Finalist who receives the most votes during the Voting Period will be deemed the potential Winner, subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules. Sponsors reserve the right to only post the essays or pictures. Votes that contain copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, technical or electronic reproductions, or containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. ALL VOTES MUST BE VALID AND SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEND OUT A TEST E-MAIL TO VERIFY VOTES. IF SPONSORS RECEIVE A BOUNCEBACK MESSAGE THAT SAYS E-MAIL ADDRESS NOT FOUND, THAT VOTE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
6. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Grand Prize will include, a Kitchen makeover from Express Kitchen consisting of a 20' of Star Cabinetry (Appliances not Included); Crown Molding; Granite Countertops; Stainless Steel Undermount sink; Faucet with Sprayer and Strainer; and Installation. Additional style choice restrictions apply.
- Removal and Haul-away of Existing Cabinets
- Installation of New Cabinets and Countertops
- Disconnect/Reconnect Kitchen Sink
- Temporary Sink Set-up
- Dishwasher and Microwave Removal/Install
- Prep and Paint Kitchen Walls
- Installation of new Flooring (Excludes any unforeseen Plumbing, Electrical, Sheetrock, Structural or Painting)
- Installation Not to Exceed Standard Two Days Labor
- Installation excludes any Work or Construction of Soffits
- Installation excludes any Preparations to Damaged Surfaces or Structures when Existing Cabinets are removed
- Six (6) styles of cabinetry and crown molding to choose from. Two (2) choices of Undermount sinks and two (2) choices of faucets
-Other restrictions may apply
Total Approximate value of the prize (based on list prices set forth above) is $20,000. Prizes may be substituted at Sponsors' sole discretion and prize value may vary depending on the actual design and contracting packages provided. Please check www.ctnow.com/kitchen-makeover-rules for any and all updates. Kitchen transformation will take place on or about the week of May 23, 2011. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, being given by Sponsors. Winner's kitchen makeover will be videotaped/recorded for possible airing during the FOX Connecticut News and the Northeast Living Show on FOX CT WTIC-TV (the exact date and time for which shall be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, and with the understanding there is no obligation to air such content). The Winning Entrant and their Mother will each be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability and a W9 form prior to receiving their prize. The Grand Prize Winner is responsible for timely obtaining all permits or other permissions required as a condition of executing any aspect of, or redeeming any prize (this includes the cost of any necessary permits). Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsors award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. Prize elements are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. Prize elements may change at Sponsor's sole discretion. If the Contest is cancelled, no substitute prizes are available except at Sponsors' sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Contest made by Sponsors are final and binding. The actual value of certain of the prize elements may vary depending on Winner's preference. Therefore, the actual value of the prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. Any difference between actual value and stated ARV will not be awarded.
7. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is not open to employees of other media outlets within the WTIC-TV and WCCT-TV viewing areas, to employees of Sponsors or their immediate family members, or to employees (or their immediate family members), of any of Sponsors' contractors, prize providers, parent companies, affiliates, licensees, advertising or promotional agencies or any other company affiliated with this Contest. Immediate family members of contractors or prize providers are not eligible to win. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
8. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
a. By entering, each entrant confirms that he/she is the owner of the copyright, trademarks and intellectual rights in the submitted photo and essay. Sponsors may, in its sole discretion, disqualify and decline to publish any Photo or Essay submissions that it reasonably believes are not the entrants' own original creations, have already been published, violate the rights of any other person or entity (including but not limited to copyrights), contain offensive, indecent defamatory, vulgar or profane content, or contain fraudulent or false information. By entering, entrants and their mothers agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors, their parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, Sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to the publication of submitted photos, essays and entry information.
b. By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to Hartford Courant, WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, Tribune Television Company, and their agents and licensees, to use the entrant's name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material, including name, state, and city of residence, and all information submitted in his/her entry, for promotional purposes in any media, in connection with the Contest. By entering, each entrant agrees that if selected as a Winner, he/she may be required to sign a release and waiver of liability. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to another entrant (selected in accordance with the winner selection criteria described in these rules) if a Winner does not execute the prepared form of release and waiver within the stated timeframe of the Contest, or if a selected Winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules. By entering, entrants agree to release Contest Sponsors from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from their participation in the Contest of their receipt or use of the Contest prize. This Contest shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
c. Sponsors are not responsible for changes made to the Prize being awarded, including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the Prize events, and is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the contest or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners. Neither the failure of Sponsors to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsors in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of each Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
9. RESPONSIBILITY RELEASE: By entering, you agree to release, waive, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors and their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, prize providers, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, and liability arising from injuries, damages, costs, losses or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney's fees) incurred as a result of each contestant's participation in this Contest and/or their acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize. Entrants also agree to participate in all activities to publicize the Contest. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsors,, and by entering, agree that all decisions regarding eligibility, the administration of this Giveaway, and the award of the Prize made by the Sponsors shall be final and binding.
10. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Contest, WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, Hartford Courant, and Tribune Television Company reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Contest or any portion of the Contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST.
11. FOR A COPY OF THE RULES: Write to, "Mother's Day Kitchen Contest Rules"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Greg Bowen). For Winner's name, write to "Mother's Day Kitchen Contest Winner"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115. All requests for rules and Winners' lists must be received by Friday, May 27, 2011.
12. SPONSORS: CT1 Media, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 and Express Kitchens (3080 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06120; 3310 Berlin Tpke, Newington, CT 06111; 303 Boston Post Road, Orange, CT 06477; 2415 Dixwell Avenue, Hamden, CT O6514; 779 Wolcott Street, Waterbury, CT 06705).
Copyright © 2018, CT Now