1. TO ENTER: No Purchase Necessary. Sweepstakes begins March 22, 2011 at 3PM and ends March 24, 2011 at 12:00PM. Entrants must be a legal resident and a resident of Connecticut within the WTIC viewing area, age 14 or older at the time of entry. To enter, log onto http://www.facebook.com/FOXCT and like our Page within the time period listed above. Only one entry per person/household will be allowed and any extra or duplicative entries will result in disqualification of all entries.
2. DEADLINE: Entries must be received by Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 12:00PM. Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. E-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries or any other technical error or malfunction.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Five (5) Winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries on or about Friday, March 25. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within two (2) days of the drawing. If the Winner is ineligible, if FOXCT is unable to make contact with the Winner after reasonable effort and time (two days of initial call to Winner), or if the Winner fails to sign the necessary release, waiver of liability and tax forms within three (3) business days of notification, the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
4. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Each Winner will receive ten (10) Flex tickets to see a Connecticut Whale game (each ticket is good for one regular season home game at the XL Center, One Civic Center Plaza, Hartford, CT 06103). Tickets are based on availability and good for the 2010-2011 Season only. The total approximate retail value ("ARV") of each prize is $100. To claim the prize, Winners must come to the Hartford Courant: 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115, 9AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday, by Friday, April 8, 2011, if the Winner fails to pick up the prize by Friday, April 8, 2011, that winner shall be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsor' sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsor are final and binding. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guaranty, either express or implied, provided by Sponsor. All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the prize, as well as all other costs or expenses involved in obtaining and/or maintaining the prize are the responsibility of the Winner.
5. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants 18 years of age and older agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver's license or identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsor's' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Facebook, Hartford Courant, FOXCT and Tribune Television Company, and all these companies' parent corporations, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents, and employees of all such companies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this sweepstakes, and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize and any travel related thereto, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy.
Sponsor's are not responsible for changes made to the Prizes being awarded, including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the Prize events, and is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the contest or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to FOXCT and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for FOXCT. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is not open to employees of other media outlets within the WTIC-TV and WCCT-TV viewing areas, to employees of Sponsors or their immediate family members, or to employees (or their immediate family members), of any of Sponsor's parent companies, affiliates, licensees, advertising or promotional agencies or any other company affiliated with these Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail, etc., may be used by WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV and Tribune Television Company for marketing or promotional purposes.
8. FOR A COPY OF THE RULES: Write to, "Whale Sweepstakes"; FOX CT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attention: Greg Bowen) For the name of the winner write to, " Whale Sweepstakes "; FOX CT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attention: Greg Bowen). All requests for rules and Winner' lists must be received by Friday, April 8, 2011.
9. SPONSOR: CT1 Media, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115.
Copyright © 2018, CT Now