NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Estate Buys Name the Mascot Contest (the “Contest”) starts at 12 a.m. (ET) April 22, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (ET), Wednesday, May 22, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). The sponsors of this Contest are Tribune Broadcasting Hartford, LLC and Estate Buys of West Hartford ("Sponsors"). The Contest will be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions herein and the decisions of the Sponsor. The computer clock of Sponsors’ webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Contest.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut or Massachusetts in the FOX CT WTIC-TV viewing area, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their respective immediate family members) of the Sponsors, The Hartford Courant Company LLC, WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, CT1 Media, Tribune Broadcasting Company, LLC, and of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies, are not eligible to win. Employees of other media companies including all radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. This Contest is void where prohibited and outside Connecticut. This Contest shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
2. TO ENTER: Log onto www.ctnow.com/estatebuys and complete all required fields in the Contest entry form including but not limited to name, address, age, phone number, and email. Entrants must also pick a name for Estate Buy’s new dog (type name into field). Photo of the dog will be found on Contest webpage. Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. Email entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER: On or about Thurday, May 23, 2013, all eligible entries will have their name choice judged by a panel of judges comprised of Sponsors’ representatives. The entrant with the name choice deemed best for the dog based on marketability and orginality will be tentatively declared the “Winner”, subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules. Entrants agree to abide by decisions of the judges and Sponsors, which are final in all respects. If one or more entries has the same name choice, those entries will be combined into one pool and a selected Winner will be chosen at random from those entries. If a selected Winner is ineligible, if the WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV is unable to make contact after reasonable effort and time (two days of initial call), or if a Winner fails to pick up the prize and sign the necessary forms by Friday, June 7, 2013 at 4 p.m. (EST), the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to the winner with the next highest score or in the event of the same name choice, an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
4. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: 1 Grand Prize: Winner will receive a $100 Visa gift card and a 50% off coupon good for anything at Estate Buys of West Hartford (1049 New Britain Avenue, West Hartford, CT 06110). Coupon is good only for Winner’s entire purchase (i.e. cannot be used on multiple buys) and valid one day only. Winner cannot combine any other coupons or offers. For more details about Estate Buys of West Hartford, visit http://www.estatebuys.net. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is $100 (plus savings attributed to the coupon, if so used). Federal, state and local taxes, and any additional expenses incurred as part of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. To claim the prize, Winners must go to Estate Buys of West Hartford during normal business hours by Friday, June 14, 2013. The Prize package (or any part thereof) is not replaceable if lost or stolen, non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsors sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsors are final and binding. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for the prize.
All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsors are final and binding.
SUCH PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
5. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsors have the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that their decision is final and binding. Winners by acceptance of a prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors, prize providers, their parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, losses of any kind, damage, causes of action, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy. Sponsors are not responsible for personal injury of any prizewinner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. Winner must provide proof of legal name, age, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver’s license or valid identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsors' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
Sponsors reserve the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at their sole discretion, Sponsors find such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsors determine to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsors; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsors assume no liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Sweepstakes website or any combination thereof. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.
By participating in these Sweepstakes, you also agree to have your name, biographical information, and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes relating to these Sweepstakes or future similar Sweepstakes without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law.Neither the failure of Sponsors to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsors in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsors right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
6. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes in which case Sponsors will award the remaining, un-awarded prize(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the Sweepstakes termination. If Sponsors terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes, it will post notice of its action on the Sweepstakes website. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES.
7. WINNERS' LIST: For Winner’s name; write to “Estate Buys Winner”; 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Marketing). All requests for Winners lists must be received by June 7, 2013.
8. SPONSORS: Tribune Broadcasting Hartford, LLC, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 and Estate Buys of West Hartford, 1049 New Britain Avenue, West Hartford, CT 06110.
Copyright © 2018, CT Now