1. TO ENTER: No Purchase Necessary. Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut, age 18 or older at the time of entry. To enter, log onto ctnow.com and go to the "OVO Cirque du Soleil" Sweepstakes page from Friday, June 4, 2010 through Sunday, June 20, 2010. Complete all required fields in the Sweepstakes entry form. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON WILL BE ACCEPTED. Duplicate entries from the same person will be disqualified.
2. DEADLINE: Entries must be received by Sunday, June 20, 2010 at 11:59PM EST. Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. E-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Ten (10) Winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries on or about Monday, June 21, 2010. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within one (1) day of the drawing. If a selected Winner is ineligible, if FOXCT unable to make contact with a selected Winner after reasonable effort and time (48 hours from time of initial call to Winner), or if a Winner fails to pick up the prize by Friday, June 25, 2010 at 5PM EST, the prize shall be forfeited.
4. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Each Winner will receive (2) two Tickets to see "OVO by Cirque du Soleil!" in Hartford, CT under the Grand Chapiteau on Market Street. Tickets are good for only one of the days on the weekend of June 25th (Friday, June 25 at 8PM; Saturday, June 26 at 8PM; or Sunday, June 27 at 1PM). Approximate retail value is $100.00 Seats are not reserved and tickets to a particular date will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Sponsors do not guarantee the availability of tickets on a particular date based on this allotment method. To claim the prize, Winner must come to the FOX CT/Hartford Courant studio: 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 during normal business hours, 9AM to 5PM, Monday June 21, 2010 Friday, June 25, 2010. Sponsors' may change dates, times, prize and prize value at their sole discretion. Total value of each prize is approximately $100. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any additional expenses, including but not limited to travel to and from the event and any incidentals spent therein, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. If any of the shows are cancelled, no substitute prizes are available except at Sponsors' sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by CT1 Media and Cirque du Soleil are final and binding.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Winner may be required to provide proof of age, identity, and residency. Employees of media outlets or of the Hartford Courant, WTXX-TV, WTIC-TV, Tribune Television Company, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies, and their respective immediate family members are not eligible to win. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to Hartford Courant, WTIC-TV/WTXX-TV, Tribune Television Company, Oakdale Theatre and their agents and licensees, to use the entrant's name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material, including name, state, and city of residence for promotional purposes in any media, in connection with the Sweepstakes. By entering, each entrant agrees that if selected as a Winner, he/she may be required to sign a release and waiver of liability. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to another entrant if a Winner does not execute the prepared form of release and waiver within the stated timeframe of the Sweepstakes, or if a selected Winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules. By entering, entrants agree to release Cirque du Soleil, WTIC-TV/WTXX-TV, and Tribune Television Company from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from their participation in the Sweepstakes of their receipt or use of the Sweepstakes prize. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, FOXCT and Tribune Television Company reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail, etc., may be used by FOX 61 and Tribune Television Company for marketing or promotional purposes.
8. FOR A COPY OF THE RULES: Write to, "Cirque du Soleil Sweepstakes Rules"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Greg Bowen) or visit www.ctnow.com. For a list of Winners write to, "Cirque du Soleil Winners"; 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Greg Bowen). All requests for rules and Winners' lists must be received by Friday, June 25, 2010.
9. SPONSORS: CT1 Media, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 and Cirque du Soleil.
Copyright © 2018, CT Now