NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Connecticut Sun Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) starts at 12:01 a.m. (ET) Monday, August 10, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (ET), Sunday, August 23, 2015. The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is The Hartford Courant Company, LLC (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes will be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions herein and the decisions of the Sponsor. The computer clock of the Courant’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut, age 21 or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their respective immediate family members) of the Sponsor, Tribune Publishing Company and of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies, are not eligible to win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. Entrants who have won a prize from a promotion sponsored by the Hartford Courant Company, LLC within the last six months are ineligible and will be disqualified. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and outside Connecticut.
2. TO ENTER: Log onto www.ctnow.com/ctsun-sweepstakes and complete all required fields in the Sweepstakes entry form including but not limited to name, address, age, phone number, and email. On-line entries containing attachments, generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. On-line entrants must use their own name. Copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Limit one entry per person and per email address. If you use multiple email addresses to submit more than one online entry, only the first entry will count. All entries become the property of the Courant. Incomplete entries are void. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities, by use of any robotic, automatic, mechanical or programmed device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misaddressed or misdirected due to technical or computer failures, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable internet connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted computer network transmissions, inability to access the website, cellular network or online service, or any other technical error or malfunction.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: All qualified online entries submitted during the Sweepstakes entry period will be combined into one entry pool. One (1) winner will be selected at random by the Courant from all eligible entries, on or about Monday, August 24, 2015. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. The Courant will attempt to notify winner by telephone and/or email within two days of the drawing. If a selected winner is ineligible, if the Courant is unable to make contact after reasonable effort and time (two days of initial call), or if a winner fails to pick up the prize and sign the necessary forms by the deadlines set by Sponsor, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
WINNER WILL RECEIVE A 1099 TAX FORM REFLECTING THE ACTUAL VALUE OF ANY PRIZE THAT IS $600 OR MORE.
4. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: 1 Grand Prize: Winner will receive four (4) courtside tickets to see the Connecticut Sun vs. Phoenix Mercury at Mohegan Sun Arena on Thursday, August 27th at 7 p.m. (EST) and an overnight stay for Winner and up to three (3) guests to the Mohegan Sun Hotel. Overnight stay is good for Thursday, August 27th only. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is $774.
Federal, state and local taxes, travel to Mohegan Sun, alcoholic beverages, tips, excursions, merchandise and souvenirs, incidental expenses, tips and gratuities, and any additional expenses if any, as well as all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned in the voucher or certificate are the sole responsibility of the winners.
To claim the prize, Winner must first show proof of age and fill out and sign the necessary Hartford Courant forms (the Hartford Courant Affidavit of Eligibility, a Release Form, publicity waiver, and IRS Form W-9 ((Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) by Friday, August 21, 2015. Once the Hartford Courant has all the necessary paperwork Winner will receive further instruction. Prize is not replaceable if lost or stolen, non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. Guest who is a minor must be accompanied at all times by parent or legal guardian. Guest (and parent or legal guardian of guest who is a minor) may be required to sign and return Release prior to accompanying winner to Mohegan Sun.
Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guaranty, either express or implied, provided by Sponsor. All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the prize, as well as all other costs or expenses involved in obtaining and/or maintaining the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
5. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and Official Rules and that their decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor, prize provider, and/or their affiliates, without additional compensation. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive designated prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver’s license or identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way will be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. This Sweepstakes will be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the prize provider, Sponsor, and all these companies’ parent corporations, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents, and employees of all such companies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this Sweepstakes, and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize and any travel related thereto, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy.
By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you.
Sponsor is not responsible for changes made to the prizes once they are awarded, including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the prize event that are outside their control, and are under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.
All activity arising out of and relating to the Sweepstakes, including any reference to an entrant’s status as a “winner,” is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules and you agree to cooperate with Sponsor concerning such verification and/or auditing. If Sponsor determines, in their sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of an entry and/or entrant with the Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify such entry and/or entrant from the Sweepstakes and any prize at any time. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsors’ right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. If there is any conflict between the terms of these Official Rules and any marketing or entry materials, these Official Rules will govern.
7. WINNERS’ LIST: Write to, “Connecticut Sun Winners”; The Hartford Courant, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Marketing). All requests for Winners' Lists must be received by August 31, 2015.
8. SPONSOR: The Hartford Courant Company, LLC, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115.
9. PRIZE PROVIDER: Mohegan Sun, 1 Mohegan Sun Boulevard, Uncasville, CT 06382.