Norwegian Cruise Line has become the latest cruise operator to prohibit smoking on stateroom balconies.
The Miami-based cruise line announced the update to its smoking policy Wednesday; changes go into effect Nov. 1.
In addition to the balcony ban, smoking in the casino will be limited to players.
- Pictures: Norwegian Getaway
- Norwegian Cruise Line to build two new ships
- Norwegian Cruise Line upgrading fleet
- Pictures: Norwegian Cruise Lines' newest 'Breakaway' at Port Canaveral
- Pictures: Norwegian Escape
- Florida Cruise Guide: Norwegian Epic pictures
See more photos »
- Tour Operations Industry
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Carnival Cruise Lines
On the company's two newest ships, Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway, passengers will be allowed to smoke on the starboard side of The Waterfront except in areas near outdoor dining spaces.
Norwegian said it was making the changes because "the health and well-being of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance."
Carnival Cruise Lines said earlier this month that it was going to stop allowing guests to smoke on balconies as of Oct. 9.