The Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride has passed the million-passenger mark, Universal Orlando officials say. The ride officially debuted with the rest of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal's Islands of Adventure on June 18. It's housed in the Hogwarts castle area, which doubles as an elaborate, detailed and winding queue, and it lifts riders through several action-packed scenes of the boy wizard's life.
It's the fastest that any Universal Orlando attraction has made it to the million-rider level, Universal officials say. The previous champion was its Simpsons Ride, which opened in 2008 at Universal Studios park.
Universal: Harry Potter and Forbidden Journey ride passes million-passenger mark
- Universal offers 3-D Harry Potter commemorative "ticket" with purchase of annual pass, other admissions
- Islands of Adventure: More Harry Potter souvenirs, changes
- Pictures: Diagon Alley at Universal Orlando
- Pictures: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hogsmeade
- Pictures: Celebrities seen at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Pictures: Wizarding World of Harry Potter opening day
See more photos »
- Universal Harry Potter Diagon Alley Videos
- Harry Potter (fictional character)
- Universal Orlando