These are the third and fourth monorail takeovers at Walt Disney World since the debut of the "Tronorail" in 2011.
- Pictures: Specialty Monorails at Disney
- Walt Disney World monorail voice has changed
- 2015 events at Walt Disney World
- Pictures: The rides of Walt Disney World
- Pictures: Events at Walt Disney World Resort
- Pictures: Disney Hollywood Studios sorcerer's hat through the years
See more photos »
- Disney video
- Amusement and Theme Parks
- Iron Man 3 (movie)
See more topics »
It's yet another foray by Disney into Marvel Universe promotion, a company Disney acquired in 2012.
The teal-striped monorail, on the other hand, has received a "Monsters University" enhancement, displaying characters from the Pixar franchise in the windows at the front of the vehicle. This monorail began running April 24 and is promoting the film's June 21 premiere. Visitors to the park have been referring to it as the "Monsterail."
The Disney monorail system currently features 12 monorail trains on three lines that move among the Magic Kingdom, Epcot and the Disney resorts. The lines travel almost 15 miles of track altogether. Each monorail can carry more than 300 passengers and typically carries more than 50,000 guests a day, according to Disney.