Disney announces grand opening date of Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom
Latest video from the new Fantasyland at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom.
- Pictures: New Fantasyland at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom
- What you need to know about Disney's 'new' Fantasyland
- Map of the new parts of Fantasyland, in relation to rest of Magic Kingdom.
- Disney Fantasyland pictures: Beauty and the Beast
- Disney Fantasyland pictures: The Little Mermaid
- Disney Fantasyland pictures: Storybook Circus
See more photos »
The new attractions to open then will be “Under the Sea – Journey of The Little Mermaid” attraction, the Be Our Guest Restaurant, the Enchanted Tales with Belle site, Ariel’s Grotto princess meet-and-greet location, Gaston’s Tavern and Bonjour! Village Gifts.
According to the Disney website, previews of the attractions will begin November 19.
The “Under the Sea” attraction is a dark ride based on the film “The Little Mermaid.” The Be Our Guest Restaurant is themed to the Disney film “Beauty and the Beast,” and the Enchanted Tales with Belle setting is a Disney character interaction site.
The new Fantasyland expansion will continue with the opening of Princess Fairytale Hall next year and the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride in 2014.
Earlier this year, parts of the theme area was renovated and open to the public, with Mickey's Toontown Fair recast as the new Storybook Circus attraction. It features a revamped rollercoaster (formerly called The Barnstormer but now rethemed as "The Great Goofini" coaster), a kids splash-pad area, and dueling Dumbo the Flying Elephant rides.