The new smoking policy reflects changing customer preferences and a worldwide effort to restrict areas where smoking is allowed, the Santa Clarita, Calif.-based cruise operator said.
- Florida Cruise Guide: Princess cruise ship itineraries
- Pictures: Princess Cruises' Royal Princess
- Florida Cruise Guide: Princess cruise ships
- Pictures: New and soon-to-arrive cruise ships
- Pictures: Cruise ship godmothers
- Pictures: The most unique cruise ship features
See more photos »
- Princess Cruises
See more topics »
Princess still welcomes smokers and will continue to provide special venues around the ship to accommodate their needs, Swartz said.
Among the designated smoking areas are Churchill’s cigar lounge, a section of the disco and casino, and a portion of the open decks, Swartz said.
Passengers with bookings are being notified of the new policy.
Princess is a brand of Miami-based global cruise operator Carnival Corp. & PLC.