As the saying goes, “a picture is worth a thousand words,” and lately with the growing popularity of social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, maybe even another thousand more. So naturally, some hotels and resorts are offering packages or features that have a photo or video component. Here are some, arranged by destination, to consider in Florida, Puerto Rico and Costa Rica. And, if you check these out, don’t forget to say “cheese!”
- Jupiter Beach – The Jupiter Beach Resort & Spa is featuring the "Get Up, Stand Up" Package including deluxe room accommodations; full breakfast for two, daily; $80 voucher to use at Jupiter Outdoor Center for paddle board or kayak rental (9 a.m.-6 p.m., daily); GoPro camera rental. Rates start at $372 per night (through April 30); $248 per night (May 1-Sept 30). Promo code is GUSU. Visit www.jupiterbeachresort.com or call 866-943-0950 for booking
- Palm Beach – The Brazilian Court have a chance to immortalize their memories with “A Thousand Words,” a hotel package starting at $938 for two nights. The package includes a session with a photographer from Lucien Capehart Photographic Studios providing a polished dimension to a hardbound photo album, allowing for stylized images that compliment more casual ones. Bike rentals are included as is a seaside picnic from the on-site Café Boulud. Following the retreat, The Brazilian Court creates a one-of-a-kind hardbound photo album for friends and families to share for years to come. Guests are encouraged to leave candid shots for the photographer to add as personal touches to the memento. Call 800-552-0335. For information on the hotel, visit www.thebraziliancourt.com.
Various Florida destinations – A variety of resorts in popular Florida destinations offer packages that include a complimentary disposable camera. Among them:
- Destin – The Picture-Perfect Fun Package (Code OZ) at the Hilton Sandestin Beach provides upgraded beach-view accommodations; daily breakfast for two adults at Sandcastles Restaurant (located in the hotel; children’s buffet available for ages 6-12 at additional cost, children 5 and under are complimentary with a paid adult buffet); daily Beach Set-Up with one umbrella and two chairs; and one disposable camera. The Picture Perfect Fun Package is available through May 23 (rates start at $259 per night for stays booked March 1-31; $279 per night for stays April 1-30, and $299 per night for stays booked May 1-23); three-night minimum consecutive stay and double occupancy required; reservations are 100 percent non-refundable and cannot be cancelled or adjusted in any way; limited availability; not applicable to existing reservations or contracted groups; the Hilton Sandestin Beach reserves the right to modify or discontinue this package at any time at its sole discretion. This package cannot be booked online. Call 1-800-559-1805 and mention code “OZ”.
- Orlando – The Buena Vista Suites offers a four-night Orlando Magical Vacation Package available for call-in reservations only. The package provides four nights in a one-bedroom double queen suite, three-day Disney Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper and the No Expiration Option for admission to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom, complimentary scheduled shuttle to the Disney Parks and Downtown Disney, $25 Food and Beverage Credit (one per stay, valid at Buena Vista Suites only), and complimentary disposable camera. The package is valid through April 30. Rates depend on dates selected. For reservations, call 1-800-537-7737. For hotel information, visit www.BuenaVistaSuites.com.
- Costa Rica – The Alma Del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa offers the "Endless Surfing" Package including two hour surfing lesson with personal photographer with DVD of photos given after session; a sunset horseback ride along Playa Esterillos; $50 restaurant credit; two welcome cocktails; two continental breakfasts; airport transfers (roundtrip); and one day economy car rental. Rates start at $280 per night; requires a minimum three-night stay. Offer is valid until Dec. 20. Visit www.almadelpacifico.com.
- Puerto Rico – The San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino features the “YouTube Concierge.” The resort’s recreation director or “You Tube Concierge” comes around and does a quick 30-second video with the guests saying whatever they like on camera. They then put in a pre-designed format and post it on YouTube by 5 p.m. that same night. Guests can then go see their video on the San Juan Marriott You Tube Channel and send it to friends and family. The service is complimentary. Visit www.marriottsanjuan.com.