A cry of "Man overboard" will have a new, less dire connotation aboard the Disney Dream.
AquaDuck -- the first water coaster aboard a cruise ship -- will send passengers sailing 13 feet over the edge, 150 feet above the water's surface, rafting a clear, acrylic tube before returning above the top deck of the Disney Cruise Line ship.
"This isn't a passive experience -- from top to bottom," said Greg Dauberger, director of design and production for Walt Disney Imagineering.
The ride was among the Dream details revealed Thursday afternoon in New York. Scheduled to debut in January 2011, the ship will sail from Port Canaveral with three-, four- and five-night cruises to Nassau, Bahamas, and Castaway Cay, Disney's private island.
Read more about the ship on The Daily Disney.
FLORIDA CRUISE GUIDE
Renderings revealed for Disney Cruise Line's new Disney Dream
- PICTURES: Disney Dream cruise ship
- Pictures: New and soon-to-arrive cruise ships
- Pictures: Cruise ship godmothers
- Pictures: Unique cruise ship features
- Pictures: Cruise ship water features
- Pictures: Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas
See more photos »
- Tourism and Leisure
- Cruise Line Ports
See more topics »