If you're looking for dreamy beaches this summer, TripAdvisor travelers suggest Sancho Bay on a remote Brazilian island in the Atlantic Ocean as the 2014 best beach in the world. The website's fans also give high marks to beaches in Hawaii, ranking seven of them in the top 10 beaches in the United States.
TripAdvisor culled traveler reviews and ratings for beaches over a 12-month period in coming up with the 2014 statistics released Tuesday. California didn't make a showing on the world or domestic best beaches list, now in its second year.
2. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
3. Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico
4. Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy
5. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Australia
6. Playa de ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain
7. Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles
8. Lanikai Beach in Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii
9. Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
10. Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
In the United States, Lanikai Beach takes the top spot with lots of love for some of Hawaii's most iconic beaches:
2. Ka'anapali Beach, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
3. Siesta Key Public Beach, Siesta Key, Fla.
4. Hanalei Beach, Hanalei, Kauai, Hawaii
5. Wai'anapanapa State Park, Hana, Maui, Hawaii
6. Wailea Beach, Wailea, Maui, Hawaii
7. Hunting Island State Park, Beaufort, S.C.
8. Manini'owali Beach (Kua Bay), Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
9. Saint Pete Beach, Saint Pete Beach, Fla.
10. Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii