The Bloomington Police Department is being assisted by the FBI and the Indiana University Police Department.
- Police: Several 'credible tips' received weekly in Lauren Spierer case
- Police: No connection between Louisiana case and Lauren Spierer
- Investigators working to determine identity of skull found in White River
- The Search for Lauren Spierer
- Parents of missing IU student vow to never give up
- IU student has been missing for two weeks
- New surveillance photos of missing IU student released
See more videos »
- Justice System
- Colleges and Universities
Police say there are no updates regarding any evidence discovered.
The search operation consists of 20 to 30 law enforcement personnel searching the landfill for 12 hours daily.
Police say 500 to 600 tons of trash have been checked each day from 50-60 truckloads of waste, which is retrieved from the confiscated area and spread out to go through.
The operation is expected to take two weeks. Police say they will not search the landfill this weekend, but they will resume on Monday.