U.S. Attorney Joseph Hogsett, alongside Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry, Officer Moore’s father Spencer Moore and other law officials, gathered at the Indiana Statehouse to announce the conspiracy charge would be brought against 53-year-old Eric Jenkins.
- Bio | E-mail | Recent columns
- Officer Moore's Grave Site Cleared
- IMPD Officer David Moore's murderer to be sentenced Thursday
- Hoosiers gather to honor fallen firefighters during annual event
- Pictures: IMPD Officer Shot During Traffic Stop
- Neighbors, nearby church pray for wounded IMPD officer
- Vidoe: Officer Moore removed from life support
- Video: Prayer vigil turns into memorial for IMPD officer
See more videos »
- David H. Moore
See more topics »
Jenkins is accused of providing a loaded Bersa .380 caliber semiautomatic handgun to Thomas Hardy, 61, who shot and killed Officer Moore during a traffic stop in January 2011.
Authorities said Jenkins knew Hardy was a convicted felon. They said he also provided a firearm to another convicted felon, Kim Johnson.
Hardy was sentenced in April to life without parole for the murder conviction and an additional 40 years for robbery and firearm charges.
Thursday’s announcement stems from Hogsett’s Violent Crime Initiative (VCI), which is aimed to reduce violent, gun-related crime throughout Indiana.