Democrat Representative Vanessa Summers told House Speaker Brian Bosma her colleagues would be in caucus for at least two hours. Bosma told Summers to ask Minority Leader Pat Bauer to meet him in his office and the session was recessed.
- Governor Daniels rescinds security restrictions at statehouse
- Judge reverses fines against Democrats over House walk-out
- Indiana House approves controversial right-to-work legislation
- Statehouse stalemate coming to an end?
- Ads take aim at missing Democrats
- House Democrats facing fines
- Democratic Party
- Vanessa Summers
- Republican Party
Bosma responded by saying, "[You] can't force people to do the right thing."
Meanwhile, hundreds of opponents to propose the Right to Work legislation gathered at the Indiana Statehouse.
Bosma said the Right to Work legislation will be a legislative priority of the current General Assembly.
House Democrats were absent Wednesday for the first official day of the General Assembly at the Indiana Statehouse.