Allen County Coroner Jon Brandenberger says 10-year-old Keasia Murray died overnight from asphyxia due to smoke inhalation. Two other children - 12-year-old Keiara Sanders and 7-year-old Deonesti Luckett - died previously from the same cause. \ Another child remains hospitalized in critical condition.
Fire officials say seven children between the ages of 7 and 13 were inside the home when the fire began in the kitchen before 2 a.m. Saturday. They said no adults were home at the time the fire started.
Fort Wayne Fire Chief Pete Kelly says the fire was ruled accidental, having started with unattended food or cooking oil on a stove.