There are those who love it and those who don't.
Casey Stoner complained all Moto GP weekend about track conditions while Nicky Hayden and Colin Edwards applauded it.
In years past there were complaints the course was too rough and this year some said it was too slick-all while the Indianapolis Grand Prix was entering its last year of its contract.
But motorcycle racing at its highest level will indeed return to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway at least for three more years after the speedway and the commercial rights holder for Moto GP Dorna Sports came to an agreement this weekend.
The 2012 Indianapolis Grand Prix weekend has been scheduled for August 17-19, one week earlier than this year.
"We're happy to welcome back the exciting action and colorful, daring riders of MotoGP to IMS," said speedway president Jeff Belskus in a statement release through the Speedway. "This event brings a unique international flavor and style of racing to the Speedway that has become a solid, new tradition on our annual schedule.
"We're excited about the event's potential for continued growth into the future."
American rider Ben Spies added this in a statement as well: