There is no denying it. This is truly the Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich. It disappeared so fast in our Test Kitchen it barely even had time to cool!
Cooking Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 slices sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, softened
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Stir in Cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and garlic powder; mix well.
- Spread each of five bread slices evenly with cheese mixture. Top with remaining bread slices. Spread butter on both sides of the sandwiches.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook in batches until golden on both sides and the cheese is melted.
Serve this up with bowls of our Creamy Tomato Soup for pure comfort!