Everyone loves potato pancakes but not the labor of the traditional . With this simple potato pancake recipe, your gang can enjoy these crispy and delicious treats and you'll be the only one who knows how easy they were to make.
Makes: 12 to 14 pancakes
Cooking Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 (20-ounce) bag refrigerated shredded potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, and ; mix well. Add flour, salt, and pepper; mix until well combined.
- Measure about 1/4 cup potato mixture for each pancake and form into pancake shape.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Place pancakes in hot oil and 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden on both sides. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter; serve warm.
- Serve these piping hot with sour cream or applesauce. If you'd like to be a super hero, you can easily make your own applesauce.
- If the mixture seems too dry, just add a tablespoon of water.