Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, cook pasta according to package directions; drain in a colander and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add yellow squash, zucchini, onion, and garlic, and saute 8 minutes, or until just tender. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, chicken broth, salt, and , and cook 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Return pasta to pot and cook until well combined and heated through, stirring frequently.
- Dinner doesn't get much easier than one-pot meals! Before serving, sprinkle with some grated Parmesan cheese.
- Dessert can be just as colorful if you serve up a refreshing bowl of our Country Fruit Stand Salad!