Cooking Time: 20 min
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce (from a 7-ounce can)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-1/2-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch cast iron skillet or 8-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat sweet potatoes, egg, milk, chipotle pepper, and salt until smooth. Stir in corn muffin mix just until moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, mix butter and honey. Brush over top of bread and let cool 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with remaining honey butter.
- If you like this recipe, check out some more great corn bread recipes!