Slow Cookers are super when you're too busy to stand watch over your stove top. Well, our slow cooker recipe for old-world inspired Good Luck Pork and , popular for good fortune in the new year, is sure to make your life in the kitchen easier.
Cooking Time: 6 hr
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 apples, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 pounds boneless pork butt bottom roast
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
What To Do:
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine cabbage, apples, onion, brown sugar, , apple juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix well.
- Evenly sprinkle roast with remaining salt and the pepper. In a , heat oil over high heat and brown roast on all sides.
- Place roast in slow cooker over cabbage mixture, cover, and cook on low heat 6 to 8 hours, or until fork-tender.
We recommend finishing off this tasty dish with a light and refreshing fruit-flavored dessert.