Makes: 1 loaf
Cooking Time: 1 hr
What You'll Need:
- 5 cups self-rising flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 (12-ounce) beer
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with .
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Add sour cream and beer alternately; mix well. Pour batter into prepared dish.
- Bake 45 minutes; brush top with butter. Bake 15 to 20 minutes more, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool slightly; serve warm, cool, or sliced and toasted.
- There are some unexpected ingredients here, like the and beer, but it works beautifully. Try it and you'll see!
- Wanna add another bread to your basket? Why not try our recipe for Cheese Bread!