Chilling Time: 6 hr
Cooking Time: 5 min
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
What To Do:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring milk just to a boil.
- In a blender, combine chocolate chips, sugar, and coffee powder. Pour hot milk into blender and blend until smooth; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold cooled chocolate into whipped cream until well mixed. Spoon mousse into individual bowls or a medium serving bowl.
- Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- For a more intense flavor, feel free to substitute espresso powder for the instant coffee powder. Before serving, dollop with whipped cream and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- There really is so much you can do with your blender! We like to top off some of our special desserts with our Blender Strawberry Sauce for an extra special flair.
For more recipes and cooking tips from Chef Danielle Turner, visit her website, cookingclarified.com.