Shake things up this Thanksgiving with a pomegranate.
Check out the recipes below and check out her website too! Click Here
Tabbouleh with apples, walnuts, and pomegranates
Serves 6 to 8
- Combine the plants. Mix parsley, pomegranate seeds, apple and onion in medium mixing bowl.2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped chef’s knife
½ cup fresh pomegranate seeds cutting board
1 cup diced, cored, unpeeled apples measure cups
½ cup diced red onion measure spoons
2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika mixing bowl (M)
3+ tablespoons honey
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
½ cup olive oil
1 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Add the flavor enhancers. Stir in paprika, honey, lemon juice and olive oil. Toss gently and thoroughly. Season to taste with salt. (Make ahead note: Mixture may be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature before proceeding.)
- Give it crunch. Stir in the walnuts.
- Serve. Serve at room temperature.
Brussel sprout and bacon gratin with pomegranate molasses
- Get ready. Preheat oven to 450ºF and grease gratin dish. 6 slices bacon,
½-inch chunks chef’s knife
1 small red onion, chopped cutting board
2 pints small brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved medium saucepan
1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses measuring cups
1 cup heavy cream glass measure
2 cups 1-inch chunks baguette 8- x 12-inch shallow pan large skillet
- Cook the brussel sprouts. Heat large skillet over medium heat; add bacon and onion and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add brussel sprouts, season with salt and pepper, reduce heat to medium-low to cook brussel sprouts slowly for 20 minutes. Add ½ cup water after 10 minutes if pan begins to brown. Off heat and stir in pomegranate molasses.
- Transfer to prepared dish, stir in cream and season to taste. Top with bread chunks and press lightly into cream. (Make ahead note: Mixture can be assembled and left at room temperature for up to 1 hour.)
- Bake and serve. Bake until warmed through, bubbling around edges and bread is browned, about 15 minutes. Allow to rest 3 minutes before serving.