LINDENHURST, N.Y. (WPIX)—They are sworn to protect and serve. But NYPD Detective Rafeal Astacio and his crew are accused moonlighting as criminals robbers to be precise.
Law enforcement officials tell PIX11 they were arrested on earlier this month after breaking into a home on Oxford Street, in Lindenhurst, Suffolk County, Long Island.
- Cop Acted In Self-Defense In Shooting Of Immigrant: Grand Jury
- Disgraced Ex-NYPD Cop Michael Pena Finally Pleads Guilty To Raping Teacher In Plea Deal
- Did Overly Aggressive Cop Intentionally Kill Woman? Investigation Underway
- Long Island
- New York City Police Department
- Suffolk County (New York)
See more topics »
Investigators say Astacio and his crew broke into Anastasios Matheos' home.
Fortunately, the accused cops missed his daughter coming home by a matter of minutes.
"It's sad. Very sad. Detectives doing these things it's very sad. What else can I say?" Matheos told PIX11.