2 pounds of boneless chicken thighs (cut into pieces)
1 celery rib (diced)
2 level tablespoons of Lemoine's seasonings or your favorite Cajun/Creole seasonings
2 tablespoons of chicken flavored bouillon (granules/powder) your favorite brand
½ cup of Gold Medal Wondra flour
5 cups of water
one 4.5 oz. can/jar of button or sliced mushrooms (your choice)
1 cup of bell peppers (diced)
One 10.5 ounce can of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup (or, your favorite brand)
1 tablespoon of Kitchen Bouquet
1 heaping tablespoon of Zatarain's parsley flakes
1. Combine chicken, onions, celery, Lemoine's and bouillon in a 1.5 gallon pot and sauté for about 5 minutes on high heat. Stir constantly to prevent scorching.
2. Add flour and stir well to blend for about 2 minutes more. Continue to stir.
3. Add the water and continue to stir to prevent sticking.
4. Now, add the mushrooms, bell pepper, celery and mushroom soup. Then, stir well to blend. Be sure to continue stirring to prevent sticking on the bottom of the pot.
5. When your stew reaches a boiling point, add the Kitchen Bouquet and parsley flakes. Then, reduce heat to medium/low to simmer.
6. Skim any oil that may have accumulated on the surface and continue to simmer for about 15 minutes or until you reach the thickness you desire on the gravy.
Serve over rice and compliment dish with potato salad.