Artichoke Heart Soup
1 white onion (diced fine)
two 13.5 ounce cans of artichoke hearts, (your favorite brand
one 26 ounce can of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup or your favorite brand
1 pound of crabmeat (lump, jumbo lump or crab claw meat) pick through crabmeat to remove any pieces of shells.
Two 14 ounce cans of Swanson's chicken broth or you can use 1 quart of water and two tablespoons of chicken bouillon granules/powder.
1 quart of half and half
1 pound of Velveeta cheese or any other similar brand
1. Melt the butter on low heat, then turn burner to medium high heat.
2. Add the onions and artichoke hearts. Cook down until the onions clear and most of the water from the artichokes evaporates.
3. Add the mushroom soup and crabmeat. Cook down until the soup is blended and hot. Stir often.
4. Add the chicken broth and stir often. Continue to cook down until soup nears boiling.
5. Now reduce heat to medium and add the half and half. Continue to simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir often to prevent scorching. br
6. Add the Velveeta cheese and stir often until the cheese is melted and blended into the soup.