RSS feeds allow Web site content to be gathered via feed reader software. Click the subscribe link to obtain the feed URL for this page. The feed will update when new content appears on this page.

Weather Reports

A collection of news and information related to Weather Reports published by this site and its partners.

Top Weather Reports Articles

Displaying items 100-110
  • Global warming that brought crazy winters may be driving crazy summers: study

    Global warming that brought crazy winters may be driving crazy summers: study
    Is the rapid melting of the Arctic paying us back for our greenhouse gas emissions by messing with the jet stream — which carries weather through the northern hemisphere? And could that, in turn, explain recent breakouts of extremes all around the...
  • 5 things to know about Southern California's heat wave

    While parts of the country are still feeling winter's chill, Southern California is headed into an overheated weekend with record-breaking temperatures that suggest next week's arrival of spring may be a footnote in a region already looking at summer....
  • High humidity levels make it feel like summer

    High humidity levels make it feel like summer
    If you've been outside during the past few afternoons, you know: it feels muggy hot. The reason: Rising humidity levels. "Recently, along with the above normal temperatures, humidity levels have been exceptionally high for this time of year, making...
  • Breezy and warm weekend

    Breezy and warm weekend
    Breezy warm weather should continue straight through the weekend. While there's a chance of showers today, Saturday and Sunday should be dry and mostly sunny. South Florida's Friday forecast calls for mostly sunny skies with afternoon highs in the low...
  • Chance of rain Friday and into the night

    Chance of rain Friday and into the night
    Friday and Saturday may bring rain, and temperatures could be in the 50s and 60s.   The National Weather Service forecast shows there is a 20 percent chance of rain Friday after 2 p.m. and an 80 percent chance Friday night around 8 p.m.  New...
  • Highs in 40s forecast Friday before rain starts late

    Highs in 40s forecast Friday before rain starts late
    Colder temperatures return Friday, with overnight lows below freezing and highs only in the 40s. The morning was expected to start in the lower to mid-30s. With mostly sunny skies, temperatures are forecast to reach the mid- to upper 40s in the...
  • Intel cuts revenue forecast, cites weak desktop PC demand

    Intel Corp.'s stock fell Thursday after the giant chip maker lowered its first-quarter revenue forecast, citing weak demand for business desktop PCs and a strong dollar that affects revenue from overseas sales. The new forecast calls for little or no...
  • Research firm IDC cuts its outlook for PC sales in 2015

    A research firm is forecasting a bigger decline in personal computer sales in 2015. International Data Corp. projected Thursday that PC sales would drop 4.9 percent to 293.1 million worldwide. IDC had previously forecast a 3.3-percent drop. PC sales...
  • Chicago set to tap into the Plains' warmth

    Across the central and northern Plains, Friday's temperatures will top out in the 70s — some 30 degrees above normal for mid-March. Positioned on the eastern flank of that mild air mass, Chicago will be able to take enough advantage of sunshine...
  • Thursday could become 4th-straight day in the 50s

    Thursday could become 4th-straight day in the 50s
    While northeast winds held lakefront readings in the upper 30s to lower 40s on Wednesday, locations farther inland including Chicago's official observing site at O'Hare International Airport reaped greater benefit from the 100 percent sunshine,...
  • Warm February takes toll on mountain snowpack in West

    Warm temperatures and a lack of snowfall in February have taken a toll on winter snowpack in the Cascade Mountains and other areas in the West, the U.S. Natural Resources Conservation Service said Wednesday. One-third of monitoring sites in the...