LEAWOOD, Kan.—Pan Seared Tilapia with Tomato-Fennel Broth and Le Creuset Cooking Classes
- Honey Mustard
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Chopped Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Italian Canned Tomatoes
- Chopped Fennel
- Chopped Leek
- Diced Yellow Onion
- Herbs (of your choice)
- White Wine
1. Make the marinade for the Tilapia by squeezing the lime, and mixing it together with the fist five ingredients. Add fish to marinade, and let sit for a minimum of 30 minutes.
2. Sweat the fennel, leek, and yellow onion together in olive oil. After a few minutes, add the saffron threads.
3. Once nearly translucent add the whole, canned tomatoes.
4. Next, add the white wine, just enough to coat the bottom of the pan (don't go overboard with it).
5. Add enough stock to cover the tomatoes. Bring to a boil and cover.
6. Cook until the tomatoes are soft and falling apart, about 1 hour. Adjust the consistency by adding more chicken stock if needed (if you want a smoother broth, puree with hand blender). Keep warm on burner until ready to use.
7. Heat sauté pan with a bit of olive oil. Once warm, pan sear the fish until golden brown. Let it sit until the browning occurs, about 2-3 minutes. Then flip.
8. Cook on second side for 2 minutes. Serve immediately with broth on top.
Cooking Class Information
Questions regarding class call Chef Jeff Lefko at 816-405-7296
Where: Le Creuset store 4549 West 119th Street Leawood, Kan. 66209
Classes are Thursday evening 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
How to sign up - www.cookingwithjudgement.com