RSS feeds allow Web site content to be gathered via feed reader software. Click the subscribe link to obtain the feed URL for this page. The feed will update when new content appears on this page.

East Northport

Beginnings: This community - at eight square miles the largest and most populous in the Town of Huntington - began as a farming area in the 1700s. The first tract of land was purchased in 1653 from Chief Asharoken of the Matinecocks, who had maintained hunting camps in the area. Part of the area was known as Clay Pitts for the clay that was first used by the Indians for cooking vessels and then by white settlers for making bricks.
Beginnings: This community - at eight square miles the largest and most populous in the Town of Huntington - began as a farming area in the 1700s. The first tract of land was purchased in 1653 from Chief Asharoken of the Matinecocks, who had maintained hunting camps in the area. Part of the area was known as Clay Pitts for the clay that was first used by the Indians for cooking vessels and then by white settlers for making bricks. « Show less

Top East Northport Articles

Displaying items 6-6
No articles were found for this topic.