RSS feeds allow Web site content to be gathered via feed reader software. Click the subscribe link to obtain the feed URL for this page. The feed will update when new content appears on this page.

Greenvale

Beginnings: In the years before the Civil War, the unincorporated community of Greenvale went by the name Bull's Head, for the hotel-tavern that stood at the present-day Northern Blvd. and Glen Cove Rd. Cattle traders stopped at the tavern to socialize and some reports tell of a dangerous crossroads described as an eastern Dodge City, though very little proof of Greenvale's history is available except for second-hand accounts from old-time residents. Wishing to dissociate from the tavern, residents moved to change their community's name. Beer's Map of 1873 shows the first trace of Greenvale, listing a post office a mile from where Greenvale stands today.
Beginnings: In the years before the Civil War, the unincorporated community of Greenvale went by the name Bull's Head, for the hotel-tavern that stood at the present-day Northern Blvd. and Glen Cove Rd. Cattle traders stopped at the tavern to socialize and some reports tell of a dangerous crossroads described as an eastern Dodge City, though very little proof of Greenvale's history is available except for second-hand accounts from old-time residents. Wishing to dissociate from the tavern, residents moved to change their community's name. Beer's Map of 1873 shows the first trace of Greenvale, listing a post office a mile from where Greenvale stands today. « Show less

Top Greenvale Articles see all

Displaying items 0-0
No articles were found for this topic.