| Oct 27, 2014
| 4:14 PM
Jets general manager John Idzik embarrassed himself Monday and probably further cemented the thoughts of Jets fans who want him fired with a ridiculous press conference in which he rambled on about how wonderful the inner workings are for a team that...
| Oct 29, 2014
| 10:16 PM
1. Star Trek occasionally threw in a parallel-universe script in which everything was flipped - the good Capt. Kirk had a bad Capt. Kirk, the bad Vulcans were the good Vulcans, etc ... Maybe that's the the proper way to introduce what a respect analystics...
| Nov 1, 2014
| 7:46 PM
As the head coach of an NFL team that has lost seven straight games, even Rex Ryan is aware of how silly his unyielding sunny recaps of practice must sound these days.
"Today we had a good practice," the embattled New York Jets head coach said Wednesday...
| Oct 11, 2014
| 1:59 PM
Soon you will encounter my predictions for Week Six of the NFL season. Last week one featured game involved the aggressive Cincinnati Bengals attacking the reeling New England Patriots. I said that the game would be a blowout with a 26-...
| Nov 8, 2014
| 7:44 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers will face an aging Michael Vick as they try to extend their win streak to four games today against the New York Jets at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.
The Steelers aren't taking the 12-year veteran lightly as they try...
| Nov 9, 2014
| 6:42 PM
The Jets won. They jumped out to a 17-0 lead against the Steelers and put together a surprising 20-13 victory to end an eight-game losing streak. Michael Vick, who became the first NFL quarterback to surpass 6,000 career rushing yards with 51 in the game,...
| Oct 21, 2014
| 6:49 PM
Last week in parentheses.
1. Broncos 5-1 (1): Overlooked in hoopla surrounding Peyton Manning record was fact they crushed 49ers in every phase.
2. Eagles 5-1 (4): Chip Kelly with extra week to prepare for trip to face talented Cardinals should make for...
| Oct 20, 2014
| 5:00 AM
Ten thoughts after the Chicago Bears continued their winless ways at Soldier Field, losing to the Miami Dolphins 27-14 on Sunday in a poor game all the way around.
1. The Bears were so ineffective offensively in the first half, they ran only 18 plays as...
| Oct 17, 2014
| 4:32 PM
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The New York Jets, less than 24 hours removed from suffering their sixth straight loss, made a move to upgrade their struggling offense Friday afternoon by acquiring wide receiver Percy Harvin from the Seattle Seahawks in exchange...
| Oct 17, 2014
| 5:53 PM
It's lonely out there on Sexy Rexy Island. As far as Rex Ryan can see, there is nothing but losses floating on the horizon. As far as the Jets coach can see, there are waves and waves of tabloid pages floating the news that this guy is going to be gone....
| Oct 16, 2014
| 7:14 PM
1. Ron Jaworski watches video with knife and fork and probably a napkin tucked in his shirt. He chews it. Digests it. That's the idea he seems to espouse, anyhow, in his informative talks on ESPN and his matchup show with Merrill Hoge. And he doesn't just...