| Jul 23, 2011
| 2:19 PM
NEW YORK, July 23, 2011 In celebration of the WNBA's 15th season, the league officially unveiled and honored its Top 15 Players of All Time during a special halftime ceremony aired live on ABC at today's 2011 WNBA All-Star Game presented by adidas in...
| Jul 26, 2011
| 10:19 PM
Sue Bird had 18 points, seven assists, five rebounds and three steals as the Seattle Storm held off the Phoenix Mercury 83-77 on Tuesday night.
Camille Little added 15 points and five rebounds for Seattle (9-7), winner of two straight after a three-...
| Aug 2, 2011
| 10:14 PM
Sue Bird scored 17 points and Swin Cash added 16 to help the Seattle Storm beat the San Antonio Silver Stars 78-64 Tuesday night.
- The Storm has won the last six games at home by an average of 13.8 ppg.
- Seattle improved to 2-1 head-to-head. The...
| Mar 12, 2012
Allie Mac Kay was joined with the Ole Skool Crew who are looking for women over 40 to join the 2012 team.
The Ole Skool Crew brings smooth moves and high energy to the Los Angeles Sparks halftime shows. As the premier halftime performers for the Los...
| Aug 16, 2011
| 10:15 PM
- The Phoenix Mercury improved to 14-10 on the season and is in sole possession of second place in the Western Conference following San Antonio’s loss to Indiana tonight.
- The Mercury defeated the Seattle Storm for the first time since Sept....
| Aug 20, 2011
| 11:47 AM
A World Series-winning pitcher, WNBA draft pick and the third-most accurate kicker in NFL history headline the Virginia Tech Sports Hall of Fame's six-member class for 2011.
The inductees are:
* Brad Clontz, a Hokies pitcher in the early 1990s who...
| Sep 12, 2011
| 5:48 PM
(Sept. 12, 2011) Seattle Storm veteran Katie Smith has been named Western Conference Player of the Week for games played Sept. 5-11, 2011, the WNBA announced Monday. She follows teammates Swin Cash, who won Player of the Week for games from June 27-July...
| Sep 15, 2011
| 10:00 PM
The Seattle Storm defeated the Phoenix Mercury 80-61 at Key Arena, Thursday. Tanisha Wright led the team with 21 points and Camille Little added 17 points and 11 rebounds. With the victory, the defending-champion Storm took a 1-0 lead in the Western...
| Sep 17, 2011
| 10:34 PM
- The Phoenix Mercury staved off elimination in the 2011 WNBA Playoffs forcing Game 3 in the Western Conference Semifinals at Seattle Monday.
- The Mercury improved to 9-3 all-time in postseason series elimination games and 6-1 at home.
| Sep 22, 2011
| 11:00 AM
NEW YORK, Sept. 22, 2011 Indiana Fever forward Tamika Catchings has been named the 2011 WNBA Most Valuable Player, the WNBA announced today. Catchings received 292 points (21 first place votes) from a national panel of 40 sportswriters and broadcasters....
| Sep 27, 2011
| 8:03 PM
Seattle Storm point guard Sue Bird underwent successful surgery to repair the labrum in her right hip, the team announced today.
The surgery took place Tuesday morning, Sept. 27, at the Steadman Clinic in Vail, Colo. and was performed by Dr. Marc J....