Cole Field House, or more formally the William P. Cole Jr. Student Activities Building, was the University of Maryland’s home for basketball for 47 years.
The Terps moved into the Comcast Center (now Xfinity Center) in 2002.
Here’s a brief history of notable events at Cole Field House:
1955 — Cole Field House opens. Maryland’s men beat Virginia, 67-55, on Dec. 2 in the first game held there.
1966 — The Final Four is played at Cole, with Texas Western upsetting Kentucky in the final. Texas Western was the first major college basketball team to start five black players.