| Dec 20, 2012
| 6:58 PM
Edwin Jackson gambled, and he won. The question for the Cubs is whether he and Carlos Villanueva will win too much next season?
I wouldn't worry about it if I was President Theo Epstein or general manager Jed Hoyer. They still should be sitting pretty...
| Dec 1, 2012
| 3:09 PM
Baseball analysts don't agree on a lot. But for months just about everyone has said that this class of free agents is weak, and that Zack Greinke is the best guy in it.
In other words, it's a great time to be Greinke.
But how about the team that signs...
| Dec 4, 2012
| 7:55 AM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Talking baseball while wondering whose stock has climbed faster, Apple or Northern Illinois’ football program:
1. John Kruk feels the pain of Cub fans. But he is a huge believer in the path set by Theo Epstein, who continues to...
| Nov 27, 2012
| 9:55 AM
Talking baseball while wondering how Tom Thibodeau is going to survive until Derrick Rose returns:
1. To say that Marvin Miller was as tough as nails is to compliment the strength of nails. Miller has passed away at the age of 95, and somewhere there...
| Nov 10, 2012
| 5:10 PM
While Hyun-jin Ryu is not yet a big name in North America, losing him was a bigger blow for the Cubs than you probably think.
President Theo Epstein and general manager Jed Hoyer wanted the rights to the 25-year-old South Korean left-hander because they...
| Apr 17, 2013
| 7:17 AM
Talking baseball while wondering if the Blackhawks can sell out Soldier Field.
1. Don Cooper will be the happiest man at U.S. Cellular on Friday, when he’s officially back to work after a bout with diverticulitis.
In one more cruel twist, however,...
| Apr 8, 2013
| 6:00 AM
One of the key questions for the Orioles this season is whether their bullpen can repeat its success from 2012. Bullpens could actually be a deciding factor in a taut American League East.
Hall of Fame pitcher and TBS MLB analyst Dennis Eckersley joined...
| Apr 8, 2013
| 6:56 AM
Cubs manager Dale Sveum finally made the move he never should’ve had to make: yanking Carlos Marmol as closer.
Sveum never should’ve had to make the move because team president Theo Epstein and general manager Jed Hoyer should’ve...
| Apr 10, 2013
| 5:38 AM
Last night, I wrote that Triple-A Norfolk outfielder Chris Dickerson would join the Orioles in Boston today.
The tweet that Dickerson sent from his personal Twitter account (@CDickerson_PFTP) would also indicate we will see him at Fenway Park tonight....
| Mar 30, 2013
| 1:10 PM
1. Tigers: Forget the concern at closer. They were loaded last year, and they're a lot better with Victor Martinez, Torii Hunter and a full year of Anibal Sanchez.
2. Dodgers: Hanley Ramirez's injury could slow them out of the gate, but they're deep and...
| Mar 30, 2013
| 4:17 PM
If the Orioles are to get back to the playoffs this year, they are going to have to climb over another mountain of national skepticism.
They are going to have to prove that they can make up the difference when the gods of statistical probability...